Puppies in slings

>> Monday, June 25, 2007


I decided to give my son a sling to try and develop the more nurturing side of his rough-and-tumble personality. Now he loves to walk around the house with his puppy in the sling, running and playing and being as rough-and-tumble as ever. But with his trusty puppy at his side. He pauses just to pat the puppy on the head as he turns to me and smiles as if to say, "this is how I do it, right mom?" I guess maybe wearing him for most of his life really has made a difference. He is modeling that you can have your "baby" with you and it doesn't have to slow you down or keep you from what you want to do or where you want to go. I have been teaching him how to nurture others by nurturing him. Wearing him in the sling has hopefully instilled in him this sense of belonging to me, that he is the most important part of my life and my world. And that no matter where I am or what I am doing, my son is my first priority. And now as he runs around being the little boy that he is, he has his favorite puppy along with him and it doesn't slow him down either.



Here is my attempt at putting my puppy in the sling.....doesn't work as well for me as for Lucas. Fun anyway though and Hadley didn't seem to mind!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP