Overdo Update

>> Thursday, November 3, 2011

Updates on me/us:
The boys are getting bigger by the second... but that is nothing new.

Lucas is loving school and really thriving there.  He went from being able to read a handful of words to being able to pick up most of his books and work through them.  It has been phenomenal to watch.  I put it right up there with watching his first steps and hearing his first "Mama."  Hearing him sit and read a book aloud to his brother brings a permeating grin to my face and makes me burst with joy and pride.  Also, admittedly, it makes me feel like maybe I am not totally screwing up this whole motherhood thing.  At least he'll be able to read.  :)
He is becoming more thoughtful and responsible- slowly but surely.  I am very grateful for that.  I think it is part due to getting older and part thanks to his classical school.  Either way, it is nice to see this change starting in him. 
Oh, and he just lost his first tooth.  And he's half way to six...  Slow down, would ya!!

Caden loves preschool, although you wouldn't know it to see him get dropped off.  He does fine once I am out the door and is all smiles when I pick him up.  But cries hysterically during the actual separation.  He has some pretty significant separation anxiety, still.  Now that I think about it, he has kinda always been like this.  When he was a baby, he cried when the babysitter left once.  He just doesn't like anyone to leave him.  He always says he is sad when we drop Lucas at school, but then we have a great time together and he doesn't want to go back and get him later.  It is the leaving that he doesn't like.  Hmmm....  thoughts anyone? 
He is also in the midst of the terrible-threes.  Everything is "NO, I WON'T do that!  I will NEVER (fill-in-the-blank)!" But he is oh-so-cute and just makes my heart melt.  I know God designed it that way- cuteness level must equal stubborn level so we don't totally throw the towel in when they get like this.  He puts his arms around my neck and just pulls our heads together until our noses touch.  He is in the that half baby-half big boy stage and I am trying to cherish the baby as long as I can.

After a summer of stupid Lupus flare symptoms, I am finally getting my joint pain under control.  It took adding a new medication, Methotrexate (an oral chemo med).  I couldn't tolerate the Prednisone a second longer so I weaned myself off that in August.  Then in September, I started the Metho. The side effects are crappy but thankfully waning a bit.  I am not sure how long I will be on it.  I initially thought it would be only short term. But I am realizing that since it is working and the nausea/vomitting is getting better, I might not be so quick to come off it for fear that the symptoms would just come right back.  My only concern is this: one of the reasons we took this next step in treatment is that it became clear that the Lupus was no longer content to mess up my joints and had moved to my muscles (aka: severe muscle fatigue and stiffness and even breakdown).  I still seem to be having some of those symptoms and in fact, the stiffness is getting a bit worse.  SOOOO...  I am not sure.  Maybe this is the right drug for me, maybe this is the right diagnosis for me, maybe I am on the right track....  but maybe not.  It sucks to feel so unsure at this point so far down the Lupus road.  
I stopped running back in June after I did the 10K.  It was doing the 10K on like the hottest day of the entire summer that sent my body into full-flare-mode and I am still trying to get back to where I was last Spring when I felt my best.  I am slacking on the gluten-free thing but really want to get better at it 'cuz I think it really does make a difference and might help get some of this predinsone/haven't been running weight off.  

We started going to a new church, joined a new small group, and are planning to spend a week over Christmas at our favorite place to getaway.  So that's where we are these days... consider yourself up to date!  :)  Love to y'all!






Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Brandie November 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

Overall it sounds like things are going well ... my kindergartner is starting to read too - it is amazing to watch that, even after seeing the older two go through it. Every time he reads to me, I just feel blown away!
I am sorry to hear about the separation anxiety. Even though you know he likes school, it's got to make that drop off just feel heart wrenching some days.
And I hope you can get your Lupus under control ... I'll be praying for you and for your decisions regarding medicine.
And also? I get to hug you soon! Yay!

Ashley November 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

I love you girl. Thanks for texting me about your update--I like to stay in the loop as much as I can. Please remember my offer to come up and help is always on the table. *HUGS*

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP