My toddler's Nativity

>> Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Luke 2:10 "But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.' "
This is Lucas' interpretation of the Nativity, complete with Thomas the Tank Engine, Sir Topham Hat, the Little People, a random robot, and the characters from Madagascar 2. He created this scene yesterday on his train table and then proudly announced that "everyone should come see baby Jesus. He is such a good baby!" When I asked him what he meant that baby Jesus is a good baby, he replied "he smiles a lot and doesn't spit up and obeys his mommy Mary." Sounds reasonable to me. Trying to use this as a starting block for teachable conversation, I asked Lucas who he thought Jesus came to earth to save. "He came to see everyone. Jesus is friends with Thomas and Alex the Lion and ...." "Did Jesus come to save you and me?" I asked. "Oh, yes, Mommy. Jesus came to save everyone." And that is such good news.

5 comments:

Unknown December 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

that is so sweet!!!

& the whole "good baby" yhing - I must have 2 very bad babies on my hands! lol :)

Praise God for that good news!!!

Good job mama :)

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Aww that's adorable.

Unknown December 11, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

So sweet! I have wonderful memories of playing with a wooden nativity set when i was a child. i'm looking for one for Ladybug so she can play too!

Mindy December 11, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

Awww that is so sweet. Don't you just love those sweet Little People.

Sarah December 12, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

LOL! I love it!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP