Straight from the Mind and the Mouth of my 3yr.old

>> Monday, June 29, 2009

I have mentioned before that Lucas has a rather large vocabulary for his age. His pediatrician told us at his last visit that he is using words that her 4th grader is learning in school. He is just a very verbal kid. Daily, the things that come out of his mouth never cease to make me laugh, make me smile, and yet also make me incredibly frustrated. Ah, to be the mother of a three yr. old! :)
I thought I might share with you just a few of the funny things he said just today....
(photo: Lucas trying on sunglasses at Target today)

At breakfast this morning, I asked him if he had fun at his Aunt Keke's baby shower yesterday.
"Yes," he said, "but it was kinda crazy there. Everyone was running around and it was very loud. It was complete pandemonium!" (He learned that phrase from a book, and it was mostly him that was running around and being loud at the shower!)

At lunch, he asked me if I was his friend. "Of course I am! We are the best of friends!" I replied. "Actually Mommy," he said, "You are the mommy and I am your son. We aren't really friends. That just gets complicated." Oh, how right he is. :)

Later he was sitting on the potty (can you tell we have most of our talks over meals or potty-related moments?). He had gone some poop already but wanted to sit there for a few minutes to try and go more. After a few minutes, I asked him if he was ready to get down. "Well Mommy, I have more poops that needs to come out. The poops belong in the potty. That is their home. The problem is, the poops is so big and I have a very little bottom. And sometimes, the poops are not ready to come out. Maybe they are having breakfast up there or something. That's why sometimes it can be kinda hard to get the poops out." TMI! (sorry for the potty talk- it goes with my territory these days).

These are just a few examples of the hillarious things he comes up with. Or maybe I am the only one who finds him so funny. Either way, he brightens my day.... every day!


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

8 comments:

Angel June 30, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

No, you're not alone, Farrah, that is so cute! I love it! Lucas does have an amazing vocabulary :)

Elizabeth L. June 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Very funny! Especially the potty-talk. (I'm afraid I can relate to that at this point!)

Heather June 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Pandemonium! Ha ha!

I love Lucas!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama July 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Too funny! I love it!

Unknown July 1, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

So cute! My 3 year old comes out with some interesting stuff as well (although she doesn't have quite the vocab that Lucas does!)
It is a great age!

Unknown July 4, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Love it! I love the real conversations that you can have with kids. The exploration isn't only in the physical (like the cabinets!), but also in the mind. Love it!

Hope you're doing well, Farrah! Happy 4th!

Unknown July 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

potty talk has become an obsession with my three year old (sigh) - keep reminding myself it goes away eventually.
your guys sure is hysterical. I love the complicated statement. How do kids know stuff?!

Anonymous January 28, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

It was very interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some photos :).

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP