My Newest Challenge

>> Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blogging is hard for me these days, although I just posted over at Chicago Moms Blog about my recent running hobby. It is in part due to the same ol' excuse: life is just so busy and full. But that is only part of the story.
I know I have vaguely mentioned it a couple times, but starting about 10weeks ago my body began a major rebellion. It started with a sore ankle and an achy thumb or wrist and it has escalated from there. I now have what I can only describe as global joint pain. My ankles and knees and fingers and wrists... yikes. It has been a bit of a challenge, especially when I am fatigued and trying to do fine motor tasks (ie: typing, sewing, etc...). Motrin helps. Hot rice bags have become a staple of my evening. I can mostly work through it but I am trying to limit my internet time and get more rest to see if I can figure this all out.
My primary MD did some blood work and it, at this point, is indicative of some sort of auto-immune issue. Truthfully, I could have told them that without the lab tests. My body is attacking itself for sure, leaving me with lots of pain in my joints. What that means, I am not sure yet. it could be hormonal or some other totally rational explanation. But my nurse's mind goes a million places which is not really that helpful. I know I just need someone to help me figure it out so I am seeing a rheumatologist tomorrow and hopefully he will take the time to hear me and see the big picture.
So I would appreciate your prayers as I see this rheumatologist tomorrow. Pray that he would listen to all the things I think are relevant and informative regarding my current challenge. Pray that we would, at the very least, come up with a short-term solution to get me some relief.

I will back here as quickly and frequently as I can.
Love to you all.


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

7 comments:

Unknown May 14, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

Sorry you are in pain, Farrah! Glucosamine is good, but prayer is even better. Blessings!

Just Me May 14, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Oh Farrah- how you manage I will never know- you are super woman beating every challenge G-d throws at you. You will be in my prayers today. If you need a break from the boys. They are welcome to join my litter- Stinky would LOVE to have other boys around!

Tracy May 14, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

We prayed for you last night Farrah! Praying for a great appointment with this doctor and for an easy solution.

Heather May 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

praying for you farrah!

Unknown May 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Praying for relief and healing, my friend. Hang in there.

Anonymous May 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Oh Farrah. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that everyone will have a suggestion of something that they think you can do that will help... and I don't just want to jump on that bandwagon... but I do know some people that actually developed rheumatoid arthritis from what can only be described as too much stress. I know that you have been doing a zillion things lately and I just wanted to throw that connection out there. Praying for you!!!

Mindy May 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

Farrah, you are in my prayers and thoughts daily, my friend. Please let us know how your appointment goes. I'll be in prayer for you tonight, that God will give your doc the intuition and insight to find and fix the problem. (((Hugs)))

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP