Some 'Splainin'

>> Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Well y'all, I guess I haven't done very well at keeping you in the loop.

Last we talked, I was about to go see a rheumatologist for some unexplainable joint pain and fatigue. I was worried he wouldn't listen or that he would jump to an "easy conclusion." In reality, he spent over an hour just talking to me. He examined every joint, looked over my lab work from the last 4 years and let me ramble about all the things that I felt may or not be related. He shared with me about his 30+ years of experience and how he didn't throw around diagnoses lightly. All very encouraging things. I sat there thinking any minute he was going to tell me to take some Motrin and wait out some virus that has parked itself in my joints. Instead, he proceeded to list all the (very believable) reasons he thinks I have Lupus. All his reasons were solid, things I couldn't argue with. I left there speechless, a bit stunned, and with several prescriptions in hand- one to fight the joint pain and one to treat this "Lupus".
In the wake of this, I decided to start the prednisone to help stop this spiral of joint pain. Hubby and I also decided to "cast a wide net" (as he put it) and get a couple other opinions. I have known several people to get false Lupus diagnoses and I want to make sure we know exactly what we are dealing with. One thing I can't ignore is the aching and throbbing in almost every joint in my body. I think the prednisone is helping. I have more energy at least. :)

So basically, that is where I stand. I have a couple other rheumatology appointments in the next few weeks. I am taking the prednisone, cutting WAY back on computer time, going to bed earlier, blah, blah, blah.... just trying to do whatever I can to start to feel better and maybe take a little better care of myself. This joint pain has gotten to an un-liveable level and I gotta do something about it (I feel like such a complainer right now! But I am also trying to be honest about this whole thing.).
And in what may seem to you to be counter-productive, I am still running. It is some of the only time I feel un-tethered. And it doesn't hurt while I am running. I pay for it a bit afterwards, but mostly I feel good that I am working my body and getting stronger. Truthfully, it hurts less to run than to walk sometimes because when I am running, I am in a different zone. That sounds so crazy to say, but is somehow true. So I am not ready to give it up, at least until I get through the 5K in 2weeks that was my original goal point. Then maybe I'll have to slow it down some.

So there you have it. Some 'splainin'. Thank you for all your calls and e-mails and prayers. I haven't been a very good friend or blog-friend lately. I haven't been reading enough about y'all. But I will get back there. I just gotta take some time to figure things out a bit. I am not really anxious about this. I am just trying to take it one day at a time. I am anxious about a lot of other things, though, and I am trying to work through that in the midst of this. So again, I am so sorry and so grateful for my friends. Love to y'all.


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

8 comments:

Anonymous May 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

We were just talking so you already know what I'll say - I'm praying...and I love you.

Lisa Marie

TwoSquareMeals May 25, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Thanks for keeping me updated. I'm praying for you!

Lucy May 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Thinking of you! Hope whatever the diagnosis is that you are feeling better soon!

Unknown May 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Praying for you! I can't imagine what that must feel like. Praying for answers and healing!

Unknown May 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Praying for clarity - or at least a consensus among opinions. You are my 2nd friend to receive that diagnosis in the last couple of months - crazy. Blessings to you and the boys.

Mindy May 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

You can count on my prayers and enduring friendship, Farrah. I am here for you bloggy or otherwise. Please post updates when you can.

Love
Melinda

Anonymous June 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

So sorry Farrah. I hope that your doctors can figure out the best way to treat this so that you can get some relief! Praying!

Internet Bingo June 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

Wow I'm sorry things have turned out this way. I hope you get feeling better and I'll keep thinking of you!
-Micah

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP