Not to Toot My Own Horn...

>> Saturday, June 5, 2010

.... Well, maybe just a little bit....

I am feeling a bit like super mom/woman today.

After taking the boys (by myself) on an all-day adventure to the Field Museum Thursday, we woke up yesterday morning and headed to Target. We met some friends at the Farmer's market and then played at the park. I did a craft with the boys in the afternoon, cleaned the kitchen and started dinner.
After a full day of motherhood, I went to work last night, twice actually. I got called in to help finish a case at around 4:30 and then as Hubby and I were at the climax of a very intense movie, the pager went off again for an emergency heart attack around 11:15.
Then this morning, I showered and was out the door by around 6:15 to go sign in for my 5K race. The one I started all this crazy running and training for 3months ago. I wasn't sure I could do it, truthfully, since I was having some intense knee and wrist pain when I first woke up and I didn't get to bed until after 1am because of the case at work. But I knew I would be so upset with myself if I wimped out. This was the original goal and I needed to see it through.

So.... I did it. I ran the whole thing and in my best time yet. Yeah me!!!! Hubby and the boys were at the finish line to cheer me on and it was so fun! Actually, it was hard. I am not a natural runner. I have to push myself. But I did and that is what feels good. 31:15. 45seconds better than my first race. Yippee!!!


We just got home, barely beating the rain, and I put Caden down for a little nap. And now, I am going to take a little nap myself with a hot rice bag on my knee. I am going to relish in this feeling of satisfaction and contentment. I am proud of myself, for the race and for everything else too. Downtown adventures, quiet crafts in my kitchen, late-night life-saving, persistent runner... happy mom. But maybe it is just the runner's high talking.



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Anonymous June 5, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Congrats, friend!

Let's chat again soon!

Love you!
Lisa Marie

Mindy June 5, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

YAY!!!!

Big hugs and congrats to you!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP