The Sweetest Sound

>> Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I was brought to tears today standing in the sanctuary of a church I do not attend. I was surrounded by moms and children I don't know after 3hours of wrangling guiding 12 kindergartners around a church building I don't know. But it was a very meaningful moment none-the-less.
This morning, I was a volunteer tribe leader for the VBS Lucas is attending. For 3 hours, I helped an energetic group of 6year olds make crafts and run around a gym with sponges on their head and eat a snack and go potty and sing songs and get to the right place at the right time. It was a crazy morning. Fun, but very tiring. At the end of the day, all the tribes came together for a final story and song.
So as I stood in this unknown sanctuary in a pew full of unknown kids, I was overwhelmed by the sound of over a hundred kids singing How Great is Our God (Chris Tomlin). I could just barely see Lucas in his pew several rows in front of me. I stood and sang along with these kids, watching them do the sign language they have been taught as they sang these amazing words.

How Great is Our God! Sing with me, How Great is our God!

I couldn't help but be deeply touched by seeing Lucas sing and do the motions along with this host of other kids. Hearing their sweet voices proclaim such profound and life-changing words was one of the most precious things I have ever heard. I stopped singing to drink in the moment and say a quick prayer for Lucas and Caden and all these other kids that they would truly know that their God is Great and that they would base their life on that knowledge.

I am going to try to get it on video tomorrow. If I can, I'll share for sure.





Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Melissa Haak June 24, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

I am so glad that I am not the only mom out there that was almost brought to tears by kids signing at VBS! I thought I was just hormonal :-)

Mindy July 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Farrah, that is one of my very favorite songs and it touches me each time I hear it. Lately, this song has really, really touched me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_t_87NyHx0

Thinking of you every day!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP