Me and Tebow

>> Friday, July 23, 2010

I wish I could say this is a post about the time I met Tim Tebow and got to hang out with him, play a little catch, let him teach Lucas how to throw a good spiral. Maybe someday. I just love Tim Tebow. So much in fact, that Hubby and I have a deal that were my Timmy to ever ask me to marry him (of course he wouldn't since he is a respectful, moral boy), I have permission to say yes and Hubby will move into the guest house. It is just a joke of course since I would never really leave Hubby for Tim Tebow. But I really do love my Timmy that much.

Anyway, this post is really about my running. I finished Couch to 5K awhile back and have actually done three 5K races. The most recent race was with my dad over the 4th of July. I was a bit slower in the third race than in the first two but I keep telling myself it was due to the heat and the hills (and my big, fat swollen joints). Having finished the C25K program and done some races, my running has really slowed down. I am realizing I stay motivated better when I have a program to follow and a goal to work towards. So I have decided to move on to the Bridge to 10K program and try to increase my distance and hopefully also improve my mile split time.
The Bridge to 10K is a 6week plan that goes back to interval running but will hopefully ease me into longer distances and better conditioning. That is the goal anyway.

How does this make me like Tebow? Well, after being a spectacular college quarterback (for my beloved Gators), Timmy has had to totally revamp his throwing motion in order to hopefully be a knock-out pro QB with the Denver Broncos. And now that I am determined to press forward with my running, I am doing a little revamping too.
I have run a few times on a treadmill recently after being an exclusive road-runner 'til now. Running on a treadmill forced me to really lengthen my stride. So when I ran on the road tonight (4miles in 43min), I noticed that I was still running "treadmill-style." It felt a little odd, a little slower. But I didn't feel as tired at the end of the run as I normally do and I ran longer tonight than average.
So Timmy is reworking things to make him better at his sport and so am I. Not that I am putting myself anywhere near his level of greatness. :) I am just looking for anything I can to connect me further to my Timmy. And progress with my running in spite of all the other stuff going on.


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

4 comments:

Catherine July 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

I'm speechless. (in a good way) :)

Mindy July 24, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Farrah, I think we all (us girls anyway) have someone in the celeb arena we look up to in that way. I've been hopelessly in love with Harrison Ford ever since I saw him as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark when I was just 12.

If Tim gives you inspiration and helps you improve your game, by all means roll with it. And BIG congrats on your running, you go girl!

Just Me July 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Wow. I am impressed that you ran on the dreadmill. I loathe them. good for you!

you should do the half with me...

Atwood-Family of FIVE July 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

Good for you! Keep it up! I love running! I injured my knee when I trained for the marathon in 04 and it has never healed. :( So i can do a small amount of what I would like to do but I enjoy every step of it!
I also LOVE your orange shirt-I am in no way imaginable a football fan but I think your shirt is so cute!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP