Holiday Weekend

>> Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It was a busy holiday weekend, but one of the best I could have hoped for. The weather was great although a bit hot. But that didn't stop us from having all sorts of holiday fun. My parents were in town from Florida and we just had a fabulous time.

The boys just adore their "Mimi and Pa" and we had an action-packed weekend with them including the Wheaton Parade and the Glen Ellyn Fireworks (both fabulous and super-fun!). All the weekend fun did make for some tuckered out little boys though. I mean, who falls asleep at a parade?!



Other highlights of the weekend...

...this Chevy Traverse I got to test-drive for the weekend. The awesome-ness of this car surpassed my expectations... But more on that later.


....and running the Warrenville Firecracker 5K with my dad. My dad is a retired AirForce Colonel and long-time runner so I was pretty nervous to run with him. But he graciously stayed with me the whole time and we had a really nice run. It was super hot and I was having some trouble with my hands (they tend to swell and cramp when I run or when I get too hot- darn Lupus!) so I didn't do as well as I would have liked (right around 32min for the 5K). But, I ran the whole thing and had a really nice time with my dad so I am content with that. We even talked about making it a tradition but we'll see.

Overall, we had a perfect holiday weekend. It was full and fun, drama-free and refreshing. Perfect.



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE July 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

32 minutes for a 5k is awesome! that's a little more than a 10 minute pace which is great! good job!

Mindy July 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Nice job on the 5k, your time was great! Sounds lik eyou guys had a really great family weekend. Cute pics of the boys, as always! I put up the vid of Abby walking, hope you can stop by and see it. Blessings,
Melinda

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP