I'm On Vacation!!

>> Friday, April 1, 2011

We stepped on the plane in 40-something degree temps . Granted it was like 6:00 in the morning, but still. We had to say goodbye to the boys the night before since we were leaving before they would wake up. I admit that was pretty emotional for me. I am not a morbid person, but the thought of leaving the country and all that could happen did kinda freak me out. So this mama cried as I kissed them and tucked them in but also quickly reminded myself that they were in the best of hands (God’s and my parents) and that I was about to have one of the best vacations of my life.

The 4 ½ hour plane ride was actually pretty nice. A little sleeping, a little reading. But mostly it was the not having to be responsible to feed or entertain anyone. Flying sans-kiddos is surprisingly cathartic. I had forgotten about that.

Once in Costa Rica, we had a 35-40min bus ride from the airport to our hotel. Even though it is their dry season, the landscape is still so, so beautiful. On the drive, I was especially struck by this big beautiful beachside resort we were traveling to contrasted with these modest and even poverty-line homes we drove past on the way. But once we got to the hotel, it was pretty hard not to be in awe. This place is A.MA.ZING!!! It truly does feel like paradise. The pool is killer, the beach is unbelievable, the weather is perfect. Mid 90’s with a breeze. Does it get much better than that? The sand on the beach is soft but very dark. But I can let that slide. I won’t be a beach snob (even though my white sand FL Gulf beaches top any other beaches I’ve seen in the world-ahem…). It is all still pretty fabulous, and this is only day one.

I miss my two little men back home so much. And I admit that I want to talk to them and squeeze them very, very badly. But, I am already having an awesome time. This is my idea of the perfect vacation: warmth, beach, pool, unlimited margaritas. And eating GF is going to be easier than I thought here. For lunch I had some amazing fresh fish with rice and beans and this delish balsamic corn and greens salad. Oh, and some fried plantain for desert. Are you drooling yet?

We are headed out to a reception-of-sorts with Hubby’s co-workers. Did I mention we are here with his radio station, WIND AM 560? (Ha! A quick shout-out to the folks that made this all possible for me!) After some drinks with people I don’t know well, on to dinner and I think there is some sort of evening entertainment. If not, then I am perfectly content to sit out on my balcony that overlooks the pool and the ocean and read my book or enjoy the silence. And say a prayer for my parents and boys back home, that God would keep us all safe and happy until I get to hug them again in a week.







Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

1 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE April 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

Isn't it funny how some days we cannot wait to get away from our children, would give anything for a vacation and yet when we are actually away we miss them so much it hurts?
Good luck being away so long-I hope you enjoy every second of it!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP