My prayer as he sleeps

>> Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lord, please protect him as he sleeps. Restore his body, his mind, his heart. Let his dreams be filled with trucks and snowplows and other things that bring him joy. Give him the rest he needs to grow healthy and strong and wake up rested and ready to embrace the day. Lord, whisper to his soul. Whisper of your love for him and the plans that you have for him, plans for a hope and a future. Whisper those plans to me too, Lord, so that I can adequately prepare him to serve You and love You with his whole self. Give me eyes to see his strengths and gifts and wisdom in how to cultivate them. Keep me from leading him astray. Keep my faults and shortcomings from stealing his joy or crushing his spirit. Forgive me for losing my temper today and increase my patience for tomorrow. Help me to discipline so that he learns right from wrong but not so much that he loses his independent, fun-loving spirit. Help me to sing with him even when I do not feel like singing so he too will sing during the times of his life when he doesn't feel joyful. Help me to laugh with him and build towers with him and read enthusiastically so that he always retains the joy found in those things. Let the words from my mouth be uplifting and encouraging and never disparaging or out of anger. Lord, hear my prayers for my son and for me as his mother. Protect us, keep us, endear us to each other and to You. Thank you for entrusting this precious child to me. May our days be filled with joy and may I always point him back to You, the creator of all joy.

2 comments:

TwoSquareMeals December 13, 2007 at 2:28 PM  

Thanks for reminding me to pray, and pray well, for my boys. You are a great mama! Lucas is a blessed little boy.

Mindy December 13, 2007 at 2:40 PM  

Beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes! Lucas is indeed blessed to be your son.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP