Still Lovin' Our Sling

>> Monday, September 6, 2010

Besides my sweaty head and hair (I had just finished a 4+mile run), I love these pictures. I love that Caden is over two years old and over 30lbs and we both STILL love our sling time.

When I got home from my run, I wanted to try out this new recipe for Zucchini- Choc. Chip muffins. I had some zucchini to use up from my vege box and I am trying to get more creative in getting veges into my boys (mostly Caden). But Caden was feeling a little mommy-needy, wanting to be held and snuggled. I asked him if he wanted to get on my back in the sling and his little face lit up. I put him in and he immediately let his body sink into mine. *sigh* I SO love this little sling baby!
He stayed on my back for only about 15min. He had a little ToyStory book he was looking at and we sang some songs as I peeled and shredded zucchini. And then, he was done. "Mama, down" he said. So I let him down and he was on him way, off to play and have a sword-fight with his brother.

I love that I can still put him in the sling when he is needing just a little reassurance that Mama is still here and he can be as close to me as he wants. I love that it only takes a few minutes of sling lovin' to get him back to his normal crazy-on the go-non stop self. And mostly, I love that when he gets in the sling, he remembers that he is connected to me and he is safe. He remembers that even when he is off being a toddler, he can always come back to Mama and be my little sling baby. I LOVE it and I'll do this as long as he'll let me.

P.S~ I still put him on the front/side too. I do it when we are in a store and I don't want little hands touching everything or when we are out and he's tired. I put him in after getting some shots at the Ped. office the other day and it helped calm those post-shot tears. Have I mentioned yet how much I LOVE my sling!!
P.S.S~ I have a million other carriers that are awesome for back carrying. But when it only for a short time and we are wanting to be especially connected, I still always grab my sling. :)



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

Laila @OnlyLaila September 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Niice. I always wanted to wear my son but never got around to it. Will definitely try it if I have another child.

Atwood-Family of FIVE September 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Very sweet! We went to Starved Rock this weekend and didn't even attempt to let Jamie walk on his own. So for 4 hours he was on my back and John's back. (When we stopped for lunch and then walked to the car, both times Jamie looked like he had just ridden a horse as he waddled/walked!) LOL! I am surprised at how easily my crazy active toddler boy lets me put him on my back (or hip) w/o ever a word of protest. He always goes willingly and it is so sweet. I love it too!
But I don't know how you do it in the sling-for me personally once the kiddos are past about a year any more than 10 minutes in a sling, in any position, KILLS my shoulders and back! Thank goodness for an ergo or the beautifully handmade mia-tia type carrier I have. (Wink). :)

Mindy September 16, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

We still use our beautiful sling you gave to us too! Abby is in it a lot less now but sometimes she still loves to snuggle up on mama while I get some work done. It has been such a blessing!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP