Solid 30s

>> Friday, January 7, 2011


I took Caden with me yesterday to get a new driver's license (for me, not Caden!). As the kind DMV guy was renewing my license, he pointed to the height/weight/eye color portion and said "Ma'am, would you like to update any of this information?" Ugh.

True. I am a bit different in many ways from my "8 years ago" self. A few more pounds, a few more babies. Probably a few more pounds because of the few more babies. Well, them and the Twizzlers and chocolate that help me cope with them. But hopefully it is more than that. A little more self-aware. A little further down the road.

I love this life, mostly. I am grateful for my family and friends. There are certainly things I would change, but we all have those. Most of the things I would tweak about my life have very little to do with my actual life and everything to do with how I approach it.

So here we go. 34. Hubby says this is a good place to be. "Not just turned 30 but on the good side of 40," he says. "Solidly in your 30s." (We'll see how he spins it next year . *wink,wink*) But I kinda agree. I am solidly in my 30s. I am getting more and more comfortable with myself every day and more and more brave to change the things that need the tweaking. Those extra pounds included. I can almost see how God has been leading and shaping and growing me. Almost. I am still getting there.

May year 34 bring much joy and clarity. Health and overall wellness. The strength to let go of my pride and pretense and just be me: a 34 yr old mama who treasures my boys and loves my life. Happy Birthday to me!



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

Shannon January 7, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Happy, happy birthday! Hooray for Capricorns! I *love* being in my 30s. As you said, it's a much more self-aware time than your 20s. The only thing I hate is being called "Ma'am," like that guy did at the DMV with you.

Kiki January 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM  

Indeed, happy birthday to you!

Love you much, friend!

Lisa Marie

Ashley January 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

What a great post. Hope you had a great birthday and that this year brings you much happiness. Also hope to see you soon! Miss you guys verrrrrry much.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP