And the Snow Begins to Fall...

>> Monday, January 31, 2011

After a lovely evening coffee date with two very lovely ladies, I walked out to see the beginnings of a fabulous winter snowstorm. Don't get me wrong, I am a Florida-girl through and through. I would take the beach over snow any day. Except that I actually really LOVE the snow. To see it falling and blanketing the ground is almost as peaceful as listening to the roar of my ocean waves. (I said, almost y'all!) But snow is very serene and beautiful and almost cleansing.
I don't so much love driving in it or seeing it piled up in parking lots and along the side of the road. But tonight, as it begins to fall, I want to just stand and let the cool flakes hit my tongue. It makes me feel care-free, like the whole world is standing still in that moment.

We are supposedly getting about 2feet of snow in the next few days which, to me, is kinda cool. I am praying for not enough snow to make my boss keep me at work overnight but enough to cancel school for Lucas on Wednesday so we can have a fun snow day, just me and my boys. Watching at the window, sipping something warm, playing Batman by the fire, making a wintery craft....

I really do love the snow!



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Kiki January 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM  

Oh I wish I could hang out with you and Cath (but not in the snow! Ok...maybe one evening of snow would be ok!)

Love you!

Lisa Marie

P.S. We need to talk!

Shannon February 1, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

I think snow is really cool, and I'm hoping we get the full two feet tonight. It will be the most I've ever seen. I sort of think maybe I think snow is so cool *because* I'm originally from a warm-weather climate. I think I've mostly adapted to being a Midwesterner, but when it comes to snow, I'm still a California girl at heart. (And yes, that includes driving in it. I suck at that.)

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP