Still My Baby

>> Friday, January 14, 2011


As I rocked him before his nap today, it occurred to me that he is really getting TOO BIG! He doesn't like to be rocked at bedtime anymore. He just wants to go lay in his "big boy bed" like his brother. His vocabulary is skyrocketing! He uses words like "frustrated" and "impossible" and "amazing" and "awesome!" Yesterday, he told Hubby "This is my mad face!" He is hilarious, a future entertainer. He wants to do everything his brother does and regularly exerts his new-found independence. "No mama! I do it!"
And yet, at naptime, he will still crawl into my lap for a couple stories and some "rocky-rocky." It is time I cherish, especially since it is becoming so rare. I love to kiss his sweet head and sing softly as he drifts to sleep. For those few moments, he is still my little baby who wants to snuggle close and be eased into sleep.

Stay my baby for just a little longer, sweet little Caden. Never get too big to enjoy the warmth of your mama's embrace.




Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com January 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

I fear I have made a monster of my own "baby". She's 5 and is very independent, but totally my BABY.

It's hard because they do grow SO fast!

Mindy January 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Aw, Farrah, such a sweet post. I feel the same way with Abby. She is getting so big so fast!

Ashley May 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

Woah!!! Its a blog about Caden!!!

I decided to take a break from work and pour a glass of wine and read some blogs. 89, no 96 minutes later, I'm finally at a blog about Caden!!

You know, those younger ones, they tend to get lost in the shuffle. Kinda, been there done that-- just click the link!! Oops, that's Lucas. Your fans are demanding some more Caden! At least the ones who drive on the internet superhighway to and inside your head. And Lucas.

The older ones are new every day. kinda like a blank slate and a new purple sharpee, only with 5 year old words (actually he's probably like most 10 year olds vocabulary)..

We have spoken. More Caden!!!!!! More Caden!!!!!
Where is his interview with mom? What about his big words and even bigger eyes? Does his little head watch Lucas all day long? Until he kicks him of course. You know the younger ones, always stirrin' up trouble.

sweet. nice talk.



P.S. See you for Beth in the morning (been doing praying God's Word since January when I read you were doing it.Its my favorite time of day. I get to feel close(er) to you (& God! BONUS!!!) You know those younger ones, always doing what the older does. You can be mad, its selfish, right?

I gotta ask though, do you see Caden look at Lucas for his cue,(comfort), before he does something that makes everybody laugh...do you see his eyes go to Lucas for a moment of approval? Do you ever wonder what I looked like when I was looking at you that way?

Who am I kidding, I still look at you with big eyes and bright smile, waiting for the cue. after all, I'm younger

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP