Those moments that are gifts

>> Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lucas fell asleep on my back during our a.m. walk with Hadley this morning. He hasn't done that in so long. He is such busy little guy that he rarely pauses to rest especially when there are things to see and ask "What's that?" Not even the distant sounds of garbage trucks (or to him "dump trucks") kept him awake. It was a little gift to me from God... in the midst of this crazy week that has included me getting a black eye from a projectile block (I'll give you one guess as to who threw it) and the diaper rash that won't quit, I have my son even as I type this sleeping on my back and life seems peaceful and in sync. I wish I had a camera, well I have a camera but no one to take the picture. This is one of the moments of motherhood that make any black eye seem trivial. Thank you God for this moment. Help me cherish it.

3 comments:

Catherine September 14, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

That's so precious - and these "baby" moments are becoming more and more scarce...

Speaking of baby on your back - are you still thinking of making the "back-tie" thing I tried out? (sorry, can't remember the real name!) If so, I'm interested in buying one. :)

Farrah September 14, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

That's what he was sleeping in... my mei tai. I am going to make a couple next week. I'll make one for you. :)

Rachael September 15, 2007 at 2:19 PM  

I'm sorry that you've had a hectic and rough week. i hope that the diaper rash gets better soon - I hate when those happen! Do you think he's reacting to something he ate? That's usually what gives David a rash.

David asks "This? This?" all the time now...I think the majority of our conversations are me identifying objects that he points to.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP