#162 and good things to come

>> Sunday, October 26, 2008

My little pumpkin


I started this blog, 161 posts ago, as a way to have an online presence for my tiny little sling business. A friend suggested it and I took her advice, not having any idea of what I was getting myself into. I had no clue what this bloggy-world was or what, if any, part I could have in it. 161 posts later, this blog has become so much more than that to me. I have no idea how many people read my musings here but I continue to post because of what it has become for me. Most people reflect on the life of their blog in round number posts, 100 or 200, or on their blogiversary. But without being overly dramatic, here in BabyLove Slings post #162, I am feeling kinda introspective.
This blogs has really become a place where I feel like I have a voice. I can share about my kids and not feel like I have to apologize for being a proud mama. I can talk about parenting and the challenges of being a mom and a woman and feel that there are people who understand exactly what I am writing about. I can process my feelings and grief and frustrations and feel like someone is listening. But even if no one is, it is still therapeutic for me to get it all out. I went to counseling for awhile after Micah died and it was really helpful in getting me connected to how I was feeling and how everything had affected me. I truly feel that being able to write on this blog has done similar things for me. It has also opened up so many cool opportunities for me. From ChicagoMomsBlog to some really great new friends, this blog has enriched my life and broadened my vision. (OK..that sounds a little over dramatic but I think it is pretty true!) So thank you to who ever is reading. And I really don't know how many people are reading, but I hope that if you are then you like what I have to say and can connect in some way. I would love to hear from you and know you are there. Why do you blog? Why do you read the blogs of others?

This is going to be a busy week for me and this blog and my little business. I am hosting a couple giveaways, launching a new collection of fabrics for my slings, and possibly having a little online sling party to which you all are invited. I have been really preoccupied with life lately and haven't been able to do as much with this blog and my business as I would like. But I do have a lot still to say and some good ideas so bear with me. And some of those thought and ideas will be debuting this week. So stay tuned...

Love y'all!!

3 comments:

Mindy October 27, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

What a precious, precious picture!

briana October 27, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

Hi, my name is Briana and I am one of your secret blog readers :) I currenlty do not blog but am a regular reader of Catherine's (We went to high school together.) and that's how I found you, by linking to a post she had up. I mentioned to her once that I read a few of her friend's blogs and felt a little like it might be a slight invasion of privacy but now it's out.

Unknown October 27, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

Hello friend! I've been wrapped up in life as well. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement the other day. I really needed them!

I have to echo your sentiment that it feels good just to have a place to be you and let it all out. I find blogging cathartic.

Half the time I think its only my mom who reads (and maybe it is most of the time), but the simple act of writing out what I am feeling or what I have been through that day (talk about overly dramatic - yikes) helps me process it and gives me some perspective.

Seeing my bad day written out makes it look inconsequential in comparison to so much that is going on in the world - which humbles me, reminds me of my place, and evokes a feeling of gratitude toward God for blessing me as much as He does!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP