Slowing down

>> Sunday, October 12, 2008


It has been awhile since I have been truly present here in bloggy-land. It is certainly not because there is not much going on. Quite the opposite actually. Caden is two months old already and not much grass has grown under our feet since coming home from the hospital. We seem to be continually on the go or trying to catch up. I can see the toll that it is taking on my boys and on me. Caden is trying to get himself into a routine. He certianly gets sleepy and hungry and more predictable times these days. But each day looks so different around here that it is keeping him from being able to settle into a regular morning nap and this is causing him to have trouble settling into a long nap (more than 30-40min.) at all during the day. Lucas misses his playtime. He does love to get out and do things but he also loves to sit on the floor and play with his trucks and dinos. He needs his home downtime. We both do actually.

So my goal for the next few weeks, slow down. At least a little. I am resuming my part-time job in a little less than a month. Boy, has time flown. There are so many things on my to-do list and I seem to have very little time not occupied by feeding or soothing someone. Hubby's job has changed drastically lately so that has thrown a wrench in our lives a bit too. I think it is a change for the better overall, it is just taking some getting used to (he now works from 3am-noon every day!).

Anyway, I have A LOT to say. Posts that have been in my head for awhile and I am needing to get them out. But for tonight, I am just letting y'all know that I am alive. Just busy with life and soaking in all of it that I can. But I do need to slow down a bit so that I don't miss the truly important things. Like sitting with Lucas on the grass today and looking at the clouds. Or sticking my tongue out at Caden today to make him smile and watching him stick his out right back at me. Sometimes I pack life so full of "fun things" that I forget the simple fun of just being together. I want to get back to that.

Thanks for your patience as I slightly reconfigure my reality and my priorities. We will catch up soon.

3 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE October 13, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

What a pretty picture-Christmas card material!

I, personally, would LOVE if my hubby had a job like that! I am so envious of those husbands that get done w/ work at 3 pm! too bad mine is just a normal 9-5 guy!

Amanda October 13, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

This is a beautiful picture...sending it to Dad :).

Priorities...resetting...order...time. Taking time. Breath. Breathe. I'm with you.

Mindy October 13, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

That is a beautiful picture! Glad you guys are all doing okay...I am trying to slow down too. We all need our downtime at home.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP