Brotherly Love

>> Friday, October 31, 2008


Caden truly loves his brother. He watches him and tracks him across the room. He smiles and laughs as he watches Lucas play. Lucas, too, finds Caden entertaining. He comes and sits next to him and talks to him or engages him as he see us doing. He calls Caden by the nicknames Hubby and I sometimes do. I have even caught him sticking his finger in Caden's mouth in an attempt to calm his crying brother as he has watched me do countless times. Nothing makes my heart leap so high as to watch my boys loving each other. I know there will be fights and jealousy and one may even steal the other's girlfriend someday. But for now, I am seeing the beginning of their life-long relationship that will only grow from here. And it makes me swell with joy and love and just a titch of mommy-pride.
A precious and unscripted moment at our little petting zoo today. I said "Lucas, will you come take a picture with your brother?" And this is what I got- so precious!! Of course then, he was off running through the corn maze again. Sometimes you gotta be quick to catch these moments but they are there and I am drinking it all in.

My little firefighter and his dalmatian- what a duo!

Talking to his brother and trying to help soothe him. In the car, Lucas talks to Caden and sings him songs (either from his music class or ones that I have made up).


Playing together- Lucas had a toy spider that he was "crawling" up Caden's arm. Caden just sat and stared at Lucas and watched as he would walk around the room. The picture doesn't do it justice, but just look at where Caden's eyes are fixed- on his big brother whom he already adores. (insert the sound of my hear bursting!)

2 comments:

Unknown November 1, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

SO sweet!!!!

We have many of those pictures too :)

Heather November 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Very sweet!

The love between my girls that is slowly blooming is totally my absolute favorite thing too.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP