Hodge-Podge

>> Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I want to keep posting babywearing pics and info for the next few days as a continued celebration of International Babywearing week. But, I also have a few more things to share so this is going to be a hodge-podge post... lots of different things put together.

This is another of my most recent favorite babywearing pictures. Here Caden is in my stretchy Sleepywrap (yesterday's pic was of my Ellaroo woven wrap). You wouldn't know I am mainly a ring-sling girl by the pictures I have shared so far. But I love this picture because, although it may be hard to see, Caden's eyes are focused on his mama. He is cuddled close and content, staring up at me. What a perfect place to be! I am about to cook dinner in this picture which brings me to my second favorite thing about babywearing- I can cuddle my babe and get things done at the same time. I can cook, wash dishes, play cars with Lucas, breastfeed, walk the dog, blog, answer the phone (or at least check the caller-id to see if I want to answer it), ... and any number of other things too! I give Caden (and Lucas) the mommy-time they need while being able to accomplish other things too. Sometimes, for me, the challenge becomes giving myself and Caden some non-on-the-go bonding time where I make myself actually sit and enjoy the 20min of nursing looking right in his eyes instead of trying to do too much at the same time. But there are times when you just can't help it. The baby needs to eat and the dog need to pee and Lucas is melting down out of hunger all at the same time. Where is my sling?!?!

And beyond just celebrating babywearing, today I am celebrating my littlest boy. My sweet little snuggle-bug is 3months old today! Oh, where is the time going?! He loves to "stand" in my lap. His little face lights up when Hubby or Lucas or I sit by him and talk to him and play. He has the most precious smile and laugh of any baby around. And when I lean in to kiss his sweet neck and cheeks, he grabs my hair or puts his hands on my cheek. He is truly an adorable little guy who makes me smile all day long.


And because I feel like this blog has been particularly Caden-heavy lately, here is one of my recent favs of my sweet little Lucas. He has the amazing ability to be both 100% the cutest and the most exasperating kids I have ever known. He is verbal beyond his 2+ years and comes up with some of the most hilarious things. Remind me to tell you what he says (totally unprompted) about Barack Obama sometime... you will crack up!


Tonight, we made play-dough thanks to some inspiration from a fellow mommy-blogger. Lucas thought it was WAY cool to cook play-dough on the stove. My hands turned all different colors from the food-coloring and this made Lucas laugh. "Mommy, your hands look like rainbows!"

My next craft attempt with him is going to be a "Thanksgiving Tree." A friend of mine did it with her daughter last year and I just today saw a post that reminded me of the idea. I am excited to try it.

Some of you have commented or sent me e-mails asking about wearing toddlers and how to babywear in colder weather. Thanks so much for your questions. I will post about that tomorrow. And keep the questions coming. :)


I conclude this hodge-podge post with a salute to all the veterans who have given so much for our country. I am grateful for your courage and sacrifice. I am most proud of my dad, who has given his whole life in service to his country and his family. Thank you Dad, for all you have done and the legacy of strength and honor you are for my boys.

Happy Veteran's Day Y'all!! Hug your favorite Vet today!

And don't forget to check back here everyday this week for more babywearing celebration.

Random enough for ya'?

5 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE November 11, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

We are totally going to do a Thanksgiving tree this year too...thanks to that mutual friend! I just need to actually cut down the branch and find a vase for it to be in. I am really excited to do it with Anne!

Elizabeth L. November 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

I was/am so thankful for my mobywrap since Avi was born. (It has been much more easier and handsfree than the sling I used for Nourit.) It's amazing all the things you can do with a baby strapped to you (including pee!) And I love the 'snuggling'. Congrats on your cute 3 monther!

In the spirit of toddlers and politics - Nourit came out with a funny one this week - Baa, baa, black sheep...etc...one for my master, one for McCain... =)

Mindy November 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Your boys are so cute. I wore Aspen too and I wouldn't do it any other way. The best part for me was being able to have her close to me while I went about daily tasks and when I was out and about with her. I wore her until she was two, when she started preferring her stoller to the sling.

Ashley November 12, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

What gorgeous pictures of the boys. My question is, did Lucas ask if you could eat the playdoe because you cooked it on the stove? I know someone who did...**points at you**

Anonymous November 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

Happy 3 months little guy.

You have two beautiful little boys.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP