Charmer

>> Thursday, August 6, 2009

While trying desperately to get both boys ready for nap time today (so mama could nap too!), I asked Lucas several times to come to the bathroom to sit on the potty. He finally came, did his business, then went back over to his bookshelf to start choosing his book selections for "quiet time." I then tried to go over some basic rules of quiet time before leaving the room. "Don't come out of the room until I come to get you, play or read quietly, no going into your closet," ... blah, blah, blah. I could tell he wasn't really listening and I was getting no response.

"Buddy, when I am talking to you, it would be nice to get some sort of response so that I know you are listening." I said this is my best "I am trying to be patient but I am so-very tired and getting frustrated that I am apparently talking to myself" tone of voice. I still got no response as he was fully engulfed in his books by this time.
"Lucas, are you listening to me?"... "Answer me, please!" (Sometimes I think I prefer disobedience to being totally ignored!)

"Mom, I hear you. I love you. I respect you. I love when you play with me. I love when you read me stories. I think you are pretty. I like when we spend time together. Thank you for making lunch for me..."

He kept going but by this time I was laughing hysterically so I didn't catch the end! What a little charmer!! A simple "OK, Mom" would have been acceptable. But this certainly made my day! In fact, I made him say it again, just to hear it. :) I hugged my little charmer and we were both smiling ear-to-ear.



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE August 6, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Glad to hear I'm not the only one w/ a 3 year old who totally ignores me after a lecture! :) It is so frequent that I say to Anne "When I talk to you or ask you a question you need to say "Okay Mommy." Ok? Ok? Anne!" "Okay mommy".

Amanda September 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Charmer... Something like that ;).

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP