Week 53

>> Monday, August 24, 2009

We have had a busy couple weeks, celebrating Caden's birthday with family and friends and just living life to the fullest. I have been horribly delinquent with posting here so I thought a little update was in order. Here is a photo tour of week 53+ for Caden and his family...

I took the boys to the Arboretum on Caden's actual birthday (the 11th). We love to be outside and in the fresh air, running in the grass and feeling the warm breeze. It was a great way to celebrate my boys and Caden's birthday. We then went home and had a picnic lunch with Daddy which was also super fun.

My parents and sister came into town later in the week to continue the celebration. Here we are playing outside by Micah's tree. It was just a perfect day and I felt so blessed to have my parents with us. To see them playing with the boys just makes life seem simple and meaningful to me. I know they cherish my sons and each bring so much joy to the other. And that to me, is priceless. I want my boys to grow up having as much time with Mimi and Pa as possible. What a richness they bring to their lives and for that I am so grateful.

Lucas eating watermelon at the park. I couldn't resist adding in this pic. I love that little watermelon-face!! :)

My family all trekked down to the city for the Chicago Air and Water show. It was a fabulous show and we had a great time. Lucas loved the airplanes, as long as I was covering his ears! (He doesn't like loud noises) :) My dad is a retired AirForce fighter pilot so it was especially meaningful to see with him. Lucas even declared he wants to be a fighter pilot when he grows up to the delight of us all!

Caden's official birthday party was last Sunday. It was a simple gathering of some friends from church and our small group. I just wanted to have a picnic outside by Micah's tree. But the weather forced us inside which turned out even better. Thank God for unexpected blessings. Caden certainly didn't let us down with the smushing of the cake. But the highlights of the party were definitely the kids riding their trikes around safety town and then one of the kids pulling the fire alarm as the party was drawing to a close. The fire trucks came and we all had to evacuate the building. It was pretty funny and the kids thought I had arranged the coolest birthday party finale ever!

I became an Auntie! My brother-in-law and my sister-in-law had a little baby girl on August 16th. Now I can finally buy all those adorable dresses and spoil my sweet niece! She is so tiny and so precious!

This weekend, we went to the Day Out with Thomas at the Illinois Railway Museum. As we plugged along on the 10min train ride, we pretended to be traveling to Sodor. "I see Gordon pulling his tender," Lucas would say and Hubby and I would play along. We had a blast. It was just the refreshing time together as a family that we needed after a busy birthday season.


As you can see, we have been pretty busy. But all fun things so I can't complain!
I am really gonna try to be better about posting here. My life is in transition right now. I have a lot of irons in the fire and a bit of a heavy heart. But, I am sorting and purging and figuring things out and would certainly appreciate your prayers as I do so. Have you heard the Matthew West song "The Motions?" You should listen to it if you haven't. It has become my mantra of late. Better yet, my prayer.
Lord, make my life meaningful and intentional, not just going through the motions. These boys, this life, are too precious to live any other way. Help me, Lord, to live the 51 weeks left in this 2nd year of Caden's life with passion and love and peace.





Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

Mindy August 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Happy Birthday Caden! Boy time does fly doesn't it? I've been busy and not posting either but I did post an update today so I hope you can stop by. Your boys are so precious! Congrats on becoming an Aunt too!

Danyele Easterhaus August 24, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

i think i need some vitamins after reading! i'm tired! it's been that way here too, but it's all fun! happy bday to the handsome dude!

Amanda September 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

So much going on!! Thinking of you love...and the transitional place you mention. Interesting how development and growth are capable of creating strain. Change is always that way... Sometimes, I think it best to pray for pliability. I've known more "growing pains" in recent years than I ever did growing up. Maybe if I were taller...;). Always great to see the Lauten 'rents <3.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP