He Just Makes Life Sparkle

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009


I had all these plans tonight of planning his party, making party favors, and spending some quality time reflecting on the last year and all that his birth has brought into my life. But, he didn't nap well today, is teething, and seems to be really hungry lately (growth spurt?). And every mother knows those three things equate to an interruption in whatever sleep patterns may or may not exist. So instead of having lots of time to get things done tonight, I am nursing and rocking and bouncing and patting and singing. And while I liked my original plan, this seems like the appropriate way to welcome in Caden's 1st birthday. It is certainly representative of the last year of both of our lives.
He is my constant interruption, my companion that rarely leaves my hip. Even as I type this, he sleeps in my lap, stirring occasionally and smacking those lips as if he is need of nourishment. He is really only in need of reassurance that mama is still here and eager to meet his needs. And I am. I think, though, that having him here in my lap is just as reassuring to me.

Before Caden, I thought life was leveling out- that I was getting back to a manageable place. Then came the news that little Caden was growing in my womb and life took an unexpected turn. But sitting here looking at his sweet face, I wouldn't trade a bit of the chaos for even a minute of peace. He makes life rich and full. Busy, crazy, sleepless. But wonderfully full.

He is getting so big and is a baby no more. I love how he is starting to push back when his brother gets a little rough. I love how he leans in to look me right in the face when I am holding him. He giggles and his 3 little teeth make for the most adorable smile ever! His eyes sparkle and he makes mine do the same.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Caden.
You take my plans and shake them all up. And I wouldn't have it any other way.




Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

6 comments:

Unknown August 11, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Happy Birthday, sweet boy!!!!! And happy Birth Day, mama :)

Joel & Kristen August 11, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Happy Birthday, Caden! We're so glad you're here!

Ashley August 11, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

Happy Birthday Caden!

I have the great pleasure of being the auntie of your precious babies... and i secretly pray you have more because they bring such joy to my life. I think about the legacy you are bringing to our family with your sons and it brings tears to my eyes. I know it gets tough. I know you are overwhelmed more days than not. I dont know what to say except, thank you. Oh, and see you tomorrow my love!

Mom and dad send their love! I'm back home causing a raucous as usual. *wink* SOMEONE has to give them material for their parenting course since you were the perfect child.

Pickel August 11, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

very sweet.

Unknown August 13, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

Happy birthday, Caden! Just do what you need to do. If there weren't any party favors, or they were as cute as you wanted them to be, no one will remember even a year from now. The important thing is that you're being the mama that your boys need you to be.

I remind myself of that daily, as I have my own constant interruption named Ladybug!

Have a blessed day, Farrah!

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter August 18, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Awwww your post was so sweet! My son was born in August of 2008 as well and man his first birthday made me so emotional :) I just can't believe my sweet boy is a baby no more but still nursing away and lovin his mama!! I love your blog!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP