From Baby to Boy

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009


One week from today, my baby becomes a little less baby and a little more little boy.
He is walking and starting to talk. He has this hilarious little fake laugh he does when he knows something is funny and wants attention. There are also the mini-tantrums when he doesn't get his way or when I won't let him take food out of the refrigerator or the pantry or the dog bowl or his brother's hands. He is stubborn and opinionated and most often hungry.

And yet, if he is crying in his bed, he quiets when he hears my footsteps on the stairs. I pick him up and his little head just melts into my shoulder. He signs for "nursies" and then starts to giggle when he lays back in my lap, knowing that he is getting what he asked for. He is not a great sleeper, still waking several times a night. But if he is snuggled close to Mama, he could sleep for hours and hours. I stand in the dark with his body collapsed on my chest, swaying in the silence. He is back asleep, has been for a few minutes now. I could lay him back down but instead I lay my cheek against his sweet head, drinking in this moment while I can. While he is still my little baby.

There is nothing magical about the day itself. There is not a dramatic shift from baby to pre-toddler at the moment he turns 1. But there is something momentous about the day, something worth celebrating and reflecting upon. And I plan to do both.

He may be walking and talking and developing a very strong sense of toddler-entitlement. But he is still my baby.

For more Wordful Wednesday, visit Angie at Seven Clown Circus.



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

1 comments:

tiarastantrums August 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

oh they do grow too fast don't they!!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP