My Sweet Little Caden

>> Tuesday, August 10, 2010


I remember the moment I first looked into those baby eyes. I was immediately sure that I would love him forever, even though I wasn't sure I could love anyone more than I loved Lucas. Then here he came, storming into my world, changing everything.
He is so different from his brother, and yet wants to be just like him. He is my little mimic, my little snuggler, my sweet little baby who melts me. He hides the TV remote, loves Buzz Lightyear, tries to ride our pup like a horse while yelling "Yeehaw Cowboy!" Then, he grabs his "bumpa" (blankie) and crawls in my lap saying "Nap, mama. Hold you." He is wild, chatty, crazy, and just a bit stubborn. But yet, so sweet and charming and knows just how to make me smile (even when I want to be mad).I love this sweet little man. He calms my heart, he and his brother both. His whole face smiles when he does, but most especially his eyes. These eyes that I first looked into 2years ago and that totally took my breath away. I wasn't anticipating him, I wasn't planning for him, I wasn't trying for him. But life without him seems unfathomable.

Sweet, sweet little Caden. I love your spunk, your sparkly eyes, your precious (although a bit impish) grin. Be who you are, even if that is different than your brother. Even if it is different than anyone else. You are God's special, unexpected gift to me and our family. Embrace who God made you to be. Trust that God and your mama will always be there to uphold you and make you stronger.

My sweet little Caden. Happy Birthday!




Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

6 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE August 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

Thanks for posting this. Was teary-eyed the whole way through reading it. I am so glad God gave you Caden. What a beautiful blessing and gift from Him.

Catherine August 10, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Happy Birthday, Caden! I held you that first day...

Kiki August 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Happy birthday, Caden!

Tell your mommy and daddy for your birthday you want to visit California again now that you're old enough to appreciate some of what's here :-)

Unknown August 11, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

So so sweet :) What a precious little guy!

Lucy August 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

What sweet pictures! Happy (belated) b-day to your cute little guy!

Mindy September 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

What a beautiful, sweet post! You are very blessed. Happy Birthday to your little man!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP