A Perfect Summer Day

>> Saturday, August 28, 2010

The day started with a morning soccer game, Lucas' first. He was super excited, but so was I. He did great! He ran around with the ball, tried to get in the crowd that was swarming around the ball, and even made a few good kicks. I can't wait to see how he progresses throughout the fall. I got accused (in a joking way) of bordering on being one of those over-aggresive pee-wee sports parents. I am an over-active cheerleader, I admit that. And so I encouraged him to do a little shoulder-checking if needed to get in there and get to the ball. Nothing wrong with that,right? I wasn't telling him to hurt any other kids, just be aggressive and get to the ball. Ha!

Next on our day's agenda was the Peter pan theater hike at the Arboretum. It was fabulous! They split the play into six parts with a short walk/hike to the next location in between each. Lucas loved it and was totally enthralled. He does LOVE pirates after all and is familiar with the story of Peter Pan. Caden was a little less enthused. I had to keep him in the back for part of it to give him space to walk around and play. But I could still see and enjoy the play and I think Caden could too so it was a win-win. They did a really great job and it was a beautiful day. It was perfect.

Once we got home from the Arboretum, Hubby and Lucas headed downtown to go to the White Sox game. It was Lucas' first and he was super-pumped. Even after the long day he had, Lucas lasted until the 8th inning before he started to get cranky. Hubby is a huge Sox fan so this was a fun moment for both of them.

And while Daddy and brother were livin' it up at the ballpark, Caden and I stayed home and had some summer fun of our own. We walked down to the pond to feed the ducks and play in the grass. It was really fun to have some time with just me and Caden. It felt calm and easy, even going to the grocery store to pick up some things. We really had fun together and I think Caden enjoyed not having to share the spotlight.


All in all, a VERY full but perfect summer day!




Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

2 comments:

Lucy August 31, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

What a great day! I had wondered about that version of Peter Pan--sounds fun!

Mindy September 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Sounds like the perfect summer day! I can't believe how big the boys have gotten!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP