My seven things

>> Thursday, October 11, 2007

As a relative newbie to the blogging scene, I have never been "tagged" before. So thank you "b" @ Random Acts of Motherhood for the honor.

Here are the people I tag to write seven things that are true about themselves (people whose blogs I think are awesome and I read consistently - you should check them out):
1- My Two Boys
2- Earthmommy
3- Catherine (my real-life best friend!)
4- InTeDomine
5- Two Square Meals
6- Crunchy Domestic Goddess (who makes super cute t-shirts for mommies and babies!)
7- Drea

o.k.... Here are my seven. All are true, some are fun and others are deep. I guess that should be the first thing about me, I am a weird mix of lighthearted and complex. Sometimes, I can't figure myself out. Anyway... here are the real seven:

1. I am a military kid who grew up all over the world. I claim the South as my home (mostly Florida) because that is where I spent the most time and where my parents live now. My heritage is southern, my relatives are southern, I bleed sweet tea... I count myself Southern!!
Which leads me to #2...

2. I am a college football FANATIC!! All year I count the days to the first "College GameDay" of the season and could watch game after game. It is by far the BEST sport ever. Specifically, I am a Florida Gator. I didn't go to school there (almost did, but God had other plans...long story) but I have been a Gator fan my whole life. I love my Gators through the good, the bad, and the ugly which can sometimes come in the same season. Win or Lose... GO GATORS!!

3. I clean when I get angry. My mom used to try to push my buttons or criticize my boyfriend (which was easy since he was a loser) when I was in highschool so I would clean my room.

4. I have a tendency to lose my "voice," to not feel comfortable with my own thoughts and feelings. I tend to morph to what I think those around me would want me to be or say or think and my true-self sometimes gets lost in the process. I'm working on it....

5. My favorite evening snack is strawberry Twizzlers and a caffeine-free Diet Pepsi.

6. My newest passion is babywearing. I got a sling as a gift when my son was born and that has launched me into this new world of carriers and attachment parenting that I can't seem to soak in fast enough. I love trying new carriers or new holds. I really love teaching someone else about babywearing and watching them get excited about snuggling baby but having hands free. After losing my first son as an infant, I never wanted to be apart from Lucas when he was born. With my sling, I didn't/don't have to .

7. I LOVE my son's laugh. It brings me joy like nothing else can. He has this awesome belly laugh when you tickle his feet. Here's a taste. Try not to smile... I dare ya'!



So there you have it. Thanks "b" for wanting to know more about me. I can't wait to read everyone's responses. You can never know too much about your friends. :)

6 comments:

TwoSquareMeals October 12, 2007 at 7:53 AM  

Oh my gosh! That laugh is amazing. Hobbes has a great laugh, too. He loves to be tickled and screams and laughs with so much happiness when we do it that I can hardly stand it. Thanks for sharing. I wish we could be up there to experience it in person. Give Lucas love for me!

Catherine October 12, 2007 at 1:17 PM  

Oh my goodness that is AWESOME!!!!! I love that!

B October 12, 2007 at 1:53 PM  

Yay!

thanks for participating :)

BTW, B stands for Bryany. I just hide my name because 1) it's hard to pronounce, and 2) because I gossip about my mommy group and I didn't want hard evidence that it was me if any of them ever stumble upon my blog LOL

thanks again though! :)

Farrah October 12, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

TwoSquare Meals~ Loved your answers!! I wish you were here too.

Cath~ I hope you reciprocate. I can never know too much about you....

Bryany~ I love your posts about the mom's in your group. Especially the recent one about the mom who lost her kid and has no debt... hilarious! :)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess October 12, 2007 at 10:13 PM  

thanks for the tag. :)

your son's laugh is wonderful! i love it.
and the next time you get angry, please head over to my house. ;) you can clean to your heart's content.

amy

Pickel October 15, 2007 at 12:06 AM  

I am going to do it tomorrow...on my new blog. A CHILD CHOSEN since they don't really know me yet.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP