Adventures in swimming lessons

>> Monday, June 9, 2008

I guess you can officially say that summer has arrived. It has consistently been in the 80's and we had our first swim lesson this morning. Lucas took swimming lessons last year but it was basically a two week exercise in mommy carrying a screaming 1yr. old around a pool for half an hour. Not a lot of swimming took place.
We woke this morning to very grey skies and threats of rain so I was less than optimistic about being able to get in the pool today. But to my pleasant surprise, the pool water was very warm despite the cloudy skies and Lucas did GREAT in the pool. He was laughing and splashing and seemed to be having a good time. He did ask to get out of the water a couple times but didn't seem upset and even walked into the pool up to his shoulders by himself. I am hopeful that this year he will actually learn a thing or two about swimming. Imagine that...at swim lessons. My very pregnant self needs to be able to spend as much time as possible at the pool this summer.

Here are some fun pics from last year - Lucas is the middle boy and I am the one on the far right (with my back to the camera) in the bottom pic. I can't believe how much he has changed in a year! Hopefully his affinity for the water has changed too! :) If I have a moment of weakness and allow myself to be photographed in a maternity swimsuit, I'll post those pics soon.



2 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE June 10, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

We had the exact same experience last year w/ swim lessons as well. I'm very hopeful for this year's lessons, which start in a month and a half. :)

Amanda June 10, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Yay! Swim lessons. Good call.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP