Being with like-minded souls

>> Thursday, June 26, 2008

The last two days have been SO FUN!!! I have never really understood why Star Wars enthusiasts would travel hundreds of miles to gather with other Star Wars enthusiasts and dress in costumes, etc...... until now. It is so fun to be in a conference hall FULL of people who think like me, and parent like me, and understand this aspect of what makes me tick. The seminars are really informative and such a rich learning environment. And the exhibit hall is like a babywearing shopping paradise. Mostly though, it is being with the people there that is so fun. I had lunch today with a fellow babywearer (and blogger). It was amazing how freely the conversation flowed and how much I feel like she is a kindred spirit. We just seem to have a lot in common which feels safe and comfortable.

I am still having camera issues and was too enthralled to remember to dig out my video camera and take pictures today but I will try to remember tomorrow.

I bought a new wrap because it is breathtakingly beautiful and then I won another in a pattern that is a limited edition exclusive to the conference!! I will debut pics soon.
Must sleep now.... another fun conference day ahead. I am bringing Lucas with me tomorrow so that should bring a whole new level of adventure. More to come.....

2 comments:

Catherine June 27, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

I'm so glad this has been/is being such a wonderful experience for you. :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph June 28, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

I can't wait to see the one you won- and kindred spirits... I felt the exact same way!

I also found the entire conference SO inspiring. If you ever need someone to help teach a babywearing class in Chicago, I am totally up for it!

Steph

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP