Weekend Update

>> Saturday, June 21, 2008

I had my second Wheaton French market of the season today and it was... GREAT!! My first attempt a month ago was a little less than stellar but today was a lot of fun. We even had a 15min. downpour in the morning but then the sun came out and I had my biggest selling day ever!! Praise God!! I have been getting a little down recently about the whole sling business thing but today was just the burst of energy I needed. I had a blast!



Other news...
I got my hair chopped...again!! I have been wanting to do it for awhile but decided to wait until after my sister-in-law's wedding. I found some gift cards (probably over 3yrs. old- but still good!) to this ritzy salon when cleaning out Lucas' closet recently. So Wednesday night, I made a last-minute appointment and got a super-fancy haircut. It was fun to feel pampered for an hour or so. (I am currently experiencing camera problems but will post pics as soon as they are resolved.)

Also, we have gone in with some friends on a subscription to a local CSA. We picked up our first vege box on Thursday and have been having fun thinking of new recipes using veges I have barely heard of. Anyone know of a good recipe using Rainbow Swiss Chard? I have heard it is kinda like spinach so I may try to use it in a lasagna or something this week. It is fun and something new. Plus, it makes me feel like I am actually doing the right thing for my family. The environment too, I guess. After picking up our box, I felt in such an "organic" kind of mood that Lucas and I went out to dinner at this awesome organic restaurant nearby. Hubby was working late so Lucas and I just sat and had an amazing meal complete with organic cinnamon toast muffins for dessert (and the next morning's breakfast). After dinner we walked around the downtown area and watched a few trains pass by. Lucas went to bed a little late but we were both having so much fun I just couldn't help it. It was a very cool evening.


This is a pic (using my video camera) of some salmon we grilled tonight using some of the fresh dill from our CSA box. SO yummy!!
So there you have it, my own little weekend update. :) Kinda random, huh?

5 comments:

Libby June 22, 2008 at 2:50 AM  

okay now I HAVE to do it! I chopped my hair during Shane's pregnancy due to this sudden urge, and I have that urge again. Is it a pregnancy thing you think? I chalk it up to our hair being the only thing on our body that we have control over right now beause the rest is most certainly out of control. I have to see pictures soon Mrs. Farah. Maybe I'll color mine too?

Atwood-Family of FIVE June 22, 2008 at 5:48 AM  

I have a recipe that's supper yummy, but I don't know it-it's always on a tag on the chard. Chard is a bit tougher than spinach, but fairly similar. Make sure to take out the stalks and just eat the leaves. (You can eat the stalks that are connected to leaves but the big colorful stalk on the bottom, take out.)

TwoSquareMeals June 22, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

I usually use chard in omelettes or frittatas with tomatoes and feta. (Yeah, I eat feta even when I am pregnant.) Basically, I use it wherever I might use spinach.

Catherine June 22, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

I'm planning on using my chard in a...well, now I can't remember what its called, so that's not helpful! But a recipe that actually calls for Chard, and its a lot like a quiche with eggs and milk and cheese. I'll let you know how it goes.

The strawberries and broccoli were SO GOOD I thought! If I wondered at times if this was a good idea, I am wondering no longer. They tasted like real food, not the plastic version we normally by. And we get a box every week until mid December!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph June 22, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

Oh, that's wonderful! And I can't wait to see hair pics!

Steph

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP