Finding Rest- Psalm Sunday

>> Sunday, June 8, 2008

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. No, I haven't forgotten about my promise to be consistent in posting reflectively on Sundays and making myself accountable to my friends in doing so. The past few weeks have been more than CRAZY here. The wedding was on a Sunday and then we were in Indiana last week with some friends at a beach house with no internet. But now I am home and trying to get back into the swing of life. I am also trying to figure out how to live these next 8weeks of summer very intentionally and not just wish away my last two months with just Lucas before Baby Next arrives.

Although last week was technically vacation, it was not all that restful. Hubby was only able to take Monday off which left me the task of single parenthood at the beach for a week. It was rougher than it sounds. Lucas was sick one night and puked on me at least three times. He slept poorly in the new environment, the weather was less than ideal, the beach was like getting sand-abrasion treatments due to the high winds, and I was simply exhausted by Thursday. We did have one good beach day (luckily the day hubby was there) and some fun at the pool and a cool botanical garden nearby. It was fun being with all our friends and doing something memorable together. It was just not all that restful.

So today, I have been thinking about rest. How do I get it? What is the source from which I can draw when I am depleted and exhausted and yet still required to continue on? It is only my God, my source for rest and peace and grace and mercy. He alone is my strength when my toddler is throwing up or I am having back labor-pains from hovering over his bed and trying to get him to sleep. He is my shield. My rest.
Lord, help me to rely on You for the strength I need to get through each day and draw on You when I am in need of rest.

Psalm 84
1 How lovely are Your dwelling places,O LORD of hosts!
2 My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the LORD;My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.
3 The bird also has found a house,And the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young,Even Your altars, O LORD of hosts,My King and my God.
4 How blessed are those who dwell in Your house!They are ever praising You.
5 How blessed is the man whose strength is in You,In whose heart are the highways to Zion!
6 Passing through the valley of Baca they make it a spring;The early rain also covers it with blessings.
7 They go from strength to strength,Every one of them appears before God in Zion.
8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;Give ear, O God of Jacob!
9 Behold our shield, O God,And look upon the face of Your anointed.
10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;The LORD gives grace and glory;No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
12 O LORD of hosts,How blessed is the man who trusts in You!

Better is One Day (Chris Tomlin)
How lovely isYour dwelling place Oh Lord Almighty,
For my soul longs and even faints for You
Oh, here my heart is satisfied
Within Your presence
I see beneath the shadow of Your wings.

Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere

One thing I ask and I would seek,
To see Your beauty
To find You inThe place Your glory dwells

My heart and flesh cry out
For You, the Living God
Your Spirit's water to my soul
I've tasted, and I've seen
Come once again to me
I will draw near to You, I will draw near to You.

P.S~ Pics from the beach coming soon.... And I have introduced a new button for my Psalm Sunday thanks to my friend Drea. Thank you so much Drea!!

1 comments:

Catherine June 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Yeah, that's pretty much the perfect summary to the week. Wow. I feel tired just remembering it. But it was fun!

I'm very impressed by the button...and enjoying your Psalms.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP