A momentous morning

>> Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anyone who has known me for awhile knows that I am a HUGE fan of the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. I love the story, I love the characters, I love the message of loving people for who they truly are on the inside. It is not your typical princess movie. There is love and romance in the end but only after she learns to see beyond what is on the outside and let go of her unrealistic ideals of what she wants her "fairy tale" life to look like. I could go on and on about the merits of this movie and why I love it but I will spare you.

This morning I was trying to get some work done sewing slings for my French Market this weekend. Lucas was playing quietly at his train table for about 10 min. and then got a little restless. I had a few more things I needed to get done so when he brought a DVD to me and asked to watch I was relieved. But to my surprise, the DVD he brought to me was Beauty and the Beast. Smiling at his choice, I put the DVD in and turned back to my sewing machine to continue my work. But as soon as the movie started, I couldn't resist. Lucas and I sat on the futon in the basement and watched my favorite movie together for about 30+ minutes. It was so fun! He asked questions, I explained the characters and the story, and he sat mesmerized by the music and dancing in one of the opening scenes. I fast-forwarded to the "Be Our Guest" scene and he thought that was super-cool, just like his mommy.


My son and I had a bonding moment while watching a Disney princess movie, but it is so much more than that.... It is a movie I love and now so does he. A momentous morning indeed. :)

2 comments:

Unknown June 20, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

What a sweet, wonderful moment for the two of you! I'm so glad you wrote this down. Not only to share with us, but to remind yourself of what a sweet boy he is. (you might need that reminder when he hits the teen years!)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph June 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

I LOVE that movie!

Are you going to the Babywearing Conference, by the way?

Steph

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP