Happy 4th!!

>> Friday, July 4, 2008

To say that life has been a bit busy lately is a gross understatement. With the recent conference and getting ready for markets and getting ready for baby and just keeping up with toddler life... I have barely had time to catch my breath. We did take time this morning to go to the Wheaton 4th of July parade. Lucas has been asking for weeks to see a firetruck and we have been saying "wait for the parade." Well, today was the payoff. He was in awe of the trucks and the motorcycles and convertibles, etc... He was like our personal parade commentator. "Look at the fireman up high, Mommy! What's that truck carrying? Mommy, it's a convertible!!!" It was so fun to watch. He was in toddler-boy heaven!!
I always get a little emotional on the 4th of July due to my very strong sense of patriotism. Being a military kid who lived through a father at war, I am deeply moved by the sacrifice of others to give us freedom. I find myself tearing up during the National Anthem or when the Jeep full of veterans drives by in the parade. Those men and women risked so much for our country and I just feel very grateful for their courage and sacrifice.

Today was a beautiful day and a nice break from the crazy of life if even for a few hours. Here are some of my favorite pics from today. Hope you had a wonderful 4th too, full of fun and fireworks and feeling grateful for all we have. Lucas in the daffodils
Mommy and Lucas watching the parade
Oh, my precious little boy!!
Look at that face!

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph July 5, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

How fun! Hope you're feeling well and that you have a great weekend!

Steph

Catherine July 5, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

I kind of feel that way too, though it always catches me by surprise. My dad was in Vietnam before I was even born, but when I see the veterans I can't help but "remember." I bet its even more poignant for you, since it was your dad's career.

Unknown July 5, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

Wow, yet another thing we have in common. My parents met in the Army and my dad was in Vietnam before I was born and ended up serving in the special forces.

Growing up my mom would make a holiday for us, keeping us out of school even if our school district didn't observe Memorial Day.

Sounds like you guys had a great celebration for the holiday!

Amanda July 8, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

Love these pictures...

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP