Gimme a break

>> Friday, July 25, 2008

I had a nice little outing with the girls last night for fondue. Even though we talked about pregnancy and kids most of the time, it was still nice to get out of the house and have some brownie smoothered in melted chocolate. I need those little escapes now and then. I think everyone does.

And even when I can't actually get away, I take little mental vacations. My recent vacation spot of choice.. Project Runway. Yes, the obsession has returned. I am talking more about that here today.


How do you escape and let your mommy-brain take a breather?



4 comments:

Mindy July 25, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Oh the joy of a mini-vacation! I found an escape last night watching Nanny 911 and realizing that at their worst my children could never hold a candle to the ones on that show. Makes me feel like I am a pretty decent mommy, lol. I also love doing puzzles and blogging, those are my mini-escapes.

Unknown July 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

My mini escape during the day is spent online, usually during naptime. The moms from our playgroup also get together the first week of every other month and go out for dinner as a group. Every once in a while I escape with a friend (or group of friends) to get coffee after most of their kids have gone to bed (since Katherine is such a night owl and daddy does bedtime for her it doesn't matter what time it is for me).

Just Me July 26, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

I love the shoes

I wish I could have gone

Cindy Fey July 26, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Mamma Mia! with girl friends. Pure fun.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP