A forgotten thrill

>> Monday, July 28, 2008

I have mentioned before that I am having digital camera woes. Mine broke and we have yet to replace it. I keep forgetting to find batteries for our really old one or charge the digital camcorder that can take stills. So, the other day I resorted to buying a old-fashioned disposable camera that actually uses film (gasp!!). I know... like stepping back into the 90's or something. :) Anyway, I used it a couple times last week and then dropped it off to get developed (gasp again!!) today. I at least told the girl to give me a CD of the pics so as to not be totally culturally irrelevant. Lucas and I went a ran a couple more errands and came back an hour later to pick up our pictures. SO FUN!!! I had totally forgotten what a suspensful thrill it is to open that little cardboard folder and start to look through previously unseen pictures. And to actually have pictures in my hands to hold and flip through... SO FUN!!!
I guess there is something to be said for doing things the old-fashioned way now and then. I have been teased before for loving my paper calender where I can actually write in my appointments, etc.. and resisting the urge to get a Blackberry or Palm. I love sending actual cards to people and not always resorting to e-mail/ e-cards to wish someone a happy birthday or tell them I am thinking of them. So it isn't all that shocking that picking up actual pictures today was such a treat. I had just forgotten just how exciting it can be. Not all the pictures were worth the printing costs, that is the chance you take. But here are some of the good ones....
Daddy and Lucas on the Carousel at the Dupage County Fair yesterday

Lucas loved feeding the animals "breakfast." The food did look like cereal!
Riding the tractor at the Fair. Oh the things that excite little boys!!
With our friend Brooke at the ArboretumMy sweet little guy at the park
Lucas and Mommy at the park - you forget how hard it is to take a self-portrait with a film camera!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown July 29, 2008 at 6:37 AM  

My mom still has a "film" camera. When she visits, we always have to develop the film before she leaves so we can see the pics. So Shutterfly for her!

My nieces are so funny, when they have their picture taken they always say, "let me see." But my my mom's camera, you don't have that luxury. It's a hard concept for them to understand!

Do you have any recent belly shots? You need to take those soon!

Amanda July 29, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

I'm completely with you...I'm all about some old-school paper ways. Not in an non-green sort of way... ...If reusable cards made as much sense as reusable shopping bags...well then...that would be different. I still use a paper agenda/calendar...LOVE receiving/sending cards...and still have a film-camera as well. I appreciate the concept...and will continue my relationship with sentimental paper. I'll also continue to LOVE taking a picture...and being able to show it to you 30 seconds later. Immediate gratification versus charm & character.

Mindy July 31, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

I love getting paper prints! I just wrote about this recently in my blog too (http://www.atshoresend.com/2008/07/mamas-dont-let-your-babies-grow-up-to.html). I've started getting prints from all our digital pictures so we can have real photo albums to enjoy again.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP