Beach Therapy

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

Caden's 1st dip in the Gulf of Mexico

My soul never feels more at peace than when I have my toes in the sand and the sound of the waves hitting the shore resounding in my ears. Although a bit breezy, the air temperature was perfect and the water was warm and it was therapy for my somewhat-frazzeled soul. Lucas LOVED the sand and tolerated the water once the initial wave crashed on his toes. We dipped Caden's little toes in the water and then snuggled him up to protect him from the wind. Hubby and I held hands and walked for a short bit on the beach with Caden sleeping soundly in the sling. Lucas built/destroyed a sand castle with his Mimi and Pa and loved every minute of it. And so did they. All seemed calm, peaceful... just right. It was heaven - a calming end to a long day of travel with kids and frustrating football. Oh how I love the beach!!!

9 comments:

Catherine September 28, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

Enjoy heaven! :)

Anonymous September 28, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Have a great visit...and then hurry up and take your boys for their first dip in the other ocean :-)

Have a blast at the beach and with your family...and then see you in just about a week! Hooray!

Can't wait to meet Caden in person and give a hug to the rest of you!

Love you!
Lisa Marie

Mindy September 28, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

I'm cnvinced beaches are the Lord's natural therapy. I am like you, nothing soothes me like being at the beach. I sooo miss it! Sometimes I turn on my CD of the ocean and just let the sound calm me. Glad you had the chance to have such a soothing journey!

Amanda September 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Ah... The Gulf is my absolute favorite place to be...and the only place I've ever felt drawn to... Love that y'all had some sweet family time in the sand...and that Caden's toes have been in the water!

I'll keep my football thoughts to myself (;.

Heather September 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

So glad you guys got to do this! Looks so fun!

Unknown October 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

I agree - I love the beach! I need to take Ladybug sometime soon. We try to avoid our beach during the summer because of the tourists, but October is a wonderful time at the ocean here!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph October 3, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

You all look fabulous!

Steph

Mindy October 7, 2008 at 2:19 AM  

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Hope all is well!

Unknown October 9, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Thinking of you. Hope you have a great visit - I'm jealous! I miss that part of the country.

We've had a rough week, but hope to have a great weekend finally celebrating Katherine's birthday once Daddy gets home!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP