Beginnings

>> Thursday, September 3, 2009

It is a beautiful night tonight. The air is crisp, we had a fun dinner out with some friends, Hubby is off tomorrow, I am on track to finish sewing my slings for my final French Market this Saturday, and I'M WATCHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL!! Oh, how I miss college football! My Gators play on Saturday after the Market and I am so pumped! I actually get to go to TWO Gator games this year and I literally can't wait. I love the beginning of the season when hopes are high and dreams of a National Championship are on everyone's mind. So great! Too bad my Gators are gonna whoop everybody and dash their hopes... :) Go Gators!!

But tonight is the beginning of more than the college football season. It is potentially the beginning of a happier, more well-rested mama in this house. Since my Hubby has a four-day weekend, he has graciously volunteered to take Caden-duty all weekend (aka-teach Caden to sleep through the night without waking up to nurse). I am feeling a bit conflicted about this, truthfully, wanting more sleep but not wanting to give up the precious nightime cuddles with my little guy. But, at his age he should be able to go all night without nursing. He is just accustomed to it since that is all he has known. Until now. I wouldn't have done this any earlier, but he is old enough to sleep through the night by himself and I am in need of some sleep. So, if you think about it, say a little prayer for Hubby and Caden that the next few nights would go smoothly and everyone would get some rest. And pray for mama too that I wouldn't feel too much guilt about it and actually sleep instead of worrying about what is happening downstairs. I am gonna miss my little snuggler. It is for the best though... right?

Wish us luck! I'll let you know how it goes!


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

TwoSquareMeals September 4, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Farrah, do NOT feel guilty. If you are ready, then Caden will be fine. Sleep make a happy mommy, and a happy mommy makes happy boys. There is always a twinge of sadness in these transitions, but I also find the increased freedom/rest/patience a good trade-off. And I think my kids do, too. I'll pray it goes well!

Oh, and Go Vols!

Atwood-Family of FIVE September 4, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Good luck! It is for the best-you can't do it forever...eventually you and Caden need more and better sleep!

Mindy September 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

Farrah, yes it IS for the best. it's hard to do it but you will be so glad you did. Take it from me...I waited way too long to do this with Aspen, so do it while you have the support and help of your hubby! Good luck and let us know how it goes! Hugs.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP