Choosing the Moment

>> Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today was heavy on the errands. For most of the day, my boys and I trucked around town trying to check things off my list of things to-do. So at the end of the day, once most of the errands were done, I took the boys to a park nearby for a little un-scripted playtime. The weather was peculiarly fall-ish- sunny, with a slight breeze and probably around 70degrees. Perfect. We climbed on the jungle-gym, went down the slide, had an impromptu game of pirates and dragons. Lucas loved to slide down the slide and then stand at the bottom to catch his brother to Caden's utter delight. It was like time was standing still. Perfect weather, time with my boys, laughs all around. No phone calls, no e-mail, no list... just playtime with my two favorite people in the whole world. Perfect.
So perfect, in fact, that I looked at the time and realized we had been there for over an hour. It was after 5pm and I had thawed chicken at home waiting to become some sort of culinary masterpiece (hear the sarcasm). A quick assessment of things brought me to a point of decision- leave the park now and rush home to throw dinner together and still probably not be eating until after 6. OR stay at the park, in this gorgeous sunshine, with my boys having a blast on the slide and in the sand and me feeling so very content and just pick up take out on the way home....
My decision? The chicken will wait. I chose the moment. This moment when I was enjoying my boys and watching them in their pure-little-boy glory.
I wished life could freeze in that moment- all three of us perfectly content. But since it can't, I am grateful for the memory and the satisfaction that I made the right choice. Next time, I won't even think twice.




Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

3 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE September 1, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

I laugh at your choice because when you say you looked at the time, I know I would have hearded us all up and gone home to cook! Isn't that funny? But, I as I have said many times, I have a very hard time living in the moment w/ my kids....althuogh we too went to the park yesterday and had a great time. :)

Amanda September 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Love your heart...

Mindy September 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Excellent choice, mama! : )

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP