Happy Babywearing Week!

>> Monday, September 21, 2009

Hey y'all! It's International Babywearing Week! Hooray!!

To celebrate, I thought I might share some of my most recent babywearing pics. If you are posting something similar, please leave me a comment so I can come over and check out your babywearing cute-ness too!


At the Florida Gator's game last week. Caden was SO exhausted and fell asleep nursing in the sling. He is 13months and 26lbs. and can still nurse cradle-style in the sling on the go. Even at a football game, in the rain, in front of 90,000 people. :)

At the circus a few weeks ago. Caden sat in the sling for most of the second half. I got several comments from people about Caden being so content in the sling for so long. I guess that happens when he has been worn almost every day of his life so far!

At the Illinois Railway Museum for a Day Out with Thomas

My sweet little niece (and my sweet sister-in-law) enjoying their first ever sling cuddles! Hopefully they have many more to come.

Lucas wanted to wear his brother in the sling. We first tried his doll sling but Caden was WAY too big. So Lucas decided to use mine. He had a hard time standing and keeping his balance with Caden strapped to his body. But that didn't stop him. The two boys just sat in the hallway, Lucas wearing Caden in the sling. Talk about making this babywearing-mama's heart swell with pride! :)

This season of my motherhood journey has been all about transition and learning to accept myself and my family for who we are and not who I (or others) think we should be. And through this process, I am realizing more and more how grateful I am for the bond I have with my boys- a bond that has been greatly enhanced through babywearing. Lucas still asks to get in the sling now and then. And I am happy to oblige for as long as he'll let me. I love having them so close, their heads in the perfect postition for me to rest my cheek or give them a sweet kiss. I cherish my babywearing moments with my boys and I won't be giving it up until they don't fit anymore or they go off to college, whichever comes first. :)

Happy Babywearing Week! Cuddle those babies!!


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

0 comments:

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP