A rite of passage of sorts

>> Thursday, November 15, 2007


Lucas' first haircut!! After months of arguing with hubby about it, I saw the picture of him wearing his turkey in the sling and realized he needed a haircut. And with family pics scheduled for this weekend, today was the day. He sat in a cute little car and watched a trains DVD. He sat more still than I have ever seen him and was the perfect little salon-goer. He got a certificate and a balloon and an official pic and a baggie of his hair. A momentous day for sure!!
The certificate should have read "Lucas Brown's last day as a baby; his mommy is a little sad but she's trying not to cry. It is just a haircut." But is is more than that to me. As we walked out of the salon, he looked up at me and said "Thank you, mommy" as if on cue. I couldn't keep the tears away after that. Is it lame to cry at your kid's first haircut? If so, guilty as charged. My baby is a little boy. My handsome little boy!!

7 comments:

Catherine November 15, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

I can't wait see it!!

TwoSquareMeals November 15, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

I cried at Calvin's first haircut, and I was the one giving it to him. I hated to cut off all that long hair he had had on the top of his head since birth. My boys both get their haircuts from Gram and refuse to go to a salon.

He looks really cute! Like a little boy!

Wendy November 16, 2007 at 12:02 AM  

I've totally been putting off getting my son's first haircut, and I'll probably cry when it happens, too. He was such a bald little guy, and now it's so silky-soft that I love running my hand over and through it when I hold him. I don't know if I could take it being all short and neat now!

Unknown November 16, 2007 at 5:53 AM  

Farrah, thanks so much for your encouraging words on my blog yesterday. My heart is still heavy, but the anxiety is gone (for now!). I am so thankful for the little things that I can enjoy with my daughter. Today, it was her beautiful smile looking at me from her crib. What a beautiful sight!

Atwood-Family of FIVE November 16, 2007 at 7:38 AM  

He looks so cute!! I think it must be different w/ a boy than with a girl because you can put off the girl's haircut a lot longer. He looks great!

~Babychaser~ November 18, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

At least your little boy is old enough to say Thank You Mommy... my little boy isn't even talking yet and will need a hair cut soon. :( I don't know if I'll cry or not... I'm just trying to get to that first birthday. :) (2 weeks from now!)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) November 19, 2007 at 1:21 AM  

He is quite a handsome young man. :) I just gave my sons haircuts - Thomas for the first time. It was just a trim but he looks so grown-up now. I can't believe he's already nine months old. Wow that went fast!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP