Thankfulness as medicine to my soul

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2007

After 4 days of stomach flu going around my house, I am left feeling totally wiped out. Taking care of a sick toddler and husband in the midst of fighting my own bug is exhausting both physically and in any other way imaginable (I have to give hubby credit for letting me go to bed at 6:30 last night - thanks dear!!). There are several other situations in my life right now that are draining me mentally and emotionally too. Bottom line: I am kinda at the bottom of my emotional/physical/mental barrel. But God knows when we can't go further and gives us something to put a little more gas in our tanks... I went to get Lucas out of the crib after his nap today. I had heard him wake up about 20min prior but couldn't pry myself off the couch. He was just talking up there and seemed content. When I went to get him, he had somehow pulled the picture that hangs above his crib off the wall. He looked at me and pointed to the picture and said "Ickey's brother, Micah" (he calls himself Ickey). I was stunned. He has said "Micah" before when prompted when we are pointing to pictures or at the cemetery. But today he recognized his brother and new it was his brother. He then leaned over and kissed the picture. "love you, Micah." I started to cry but not out of sadness, well maybe a little. Sad that Lucas and Micah won't know each other this side of heaven. But mostly tears of thanks. Thanks that I didn't have to orchestrate Lucas learning about his brother. It happened naturally, which was what I prayed for. Thanks that God gave me this little bit of medicine to comfort my soul which makes me feel comforted all over. Thanks that two days before Thanksgiving in the midst of physical exhaustion, I am reminded of what I have to be thankful for. My boys - hubby, Micah, Lucas and even Hadley (my beagle)... I am thankful for them all.

P.S~I am also thankful to Drea for my new blog design. Thanks Drea!

5 comments:

Unknown November 20, 2007 at 6:16 PM  

Oh, that makes me cry. Hope you're feeling better.

TwoSquareMeals November 20, 2007 at 6:40 PM  

So precious! Sorry you have been feeling lousy lately. I'd love to talk soon. In the meantime, you are all in my prayers. Hoping you have a restful Thanksgiving.

Catherine November 20, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

Oh Farrah, I started crying when I read this. I'm so glad to know that Lucas already knows Micah. He'll never remember a time when he didn't know of Micah, and that's as it should be...

And I love your design - I've been checking everyday to see if its up yet. :)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) November 21, 2007 at 10:34 AM  

Farrah, thanks for the comment on my blog. I rather doubt I'm up for trying such a jaunt in a sling (with two kiddos???) :) Although I do think that when I have number three (at some point) I'll probably do walks with a double stroller and a sling or mei tai, at least while the baby is small.

Rachael November 26, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

That is such a touching post - what a priceless thing for him to say about his brother that he hasn't yet met this side of heaven.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP