My AP Babies

>> Saturday, August 23, 2008

Before I had kids, I really didn't know much about attachment parenting. I learned some things from friends but mostly I just did what seemed natural to me and found out later that I was practicing many of the principles of attachment parenting.

Anyway....more on the merits of AP another time.


Two funny stories:

Lucas has this fascination with his Little People Nativity set. He never let me put it away after Christmas. Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus have frequently been seen driving cranes and tractors and playing with dinos in my living room. Yesterday as Lucas was playing and I was making frozen waffles, I heard my very verbal child say... "Mary, Baby Jesus is crying. Mary, you need to get off the tractor and be with Baby Jesus. He needs some nursies. Mary, give Baby Jesus some nursies and put him in the sling. Then he will stop crying." That's my little AP boy!

I have heard it said around AP circles that if a newborn is anywhere near a breast, they are able to manuever themselves in that direction and latch themselves on. I was always a bit skeptical but recently found out first hand that it is true. I woke up the other night because I felt something tickling me under my arm. Caden sleeps right next to me in bed and when I looked over I saw he had gotten his head under my tank top and was trying to latch himself on. Even as I type this, he is asleep in the sling. Oh, my little AP baby!!
.
.
You can check out the Attachment Parenting Blog or website for more info if you are curious. :)

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph August 24, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

What a precious little story!!!!

Steph

Anonymous August 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

That is just so sweet! I remember waking up one night to find a newborn David trying to latch on to Nick through his shirt and thought it was really funny. I love the photos you've posted of your little boys.

Cindy Fey August 24, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

This brings back such wonderful memories.

Unknown August 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

How sweet! As I surf my usual blogs I am laying down with Jack nestled in right next to me having nursed to sleep for his afternoon nap.

Katherine has told me several times that I need to put Jack in the sling and has even asked to climb into it herself (which she hasn't done in quite some time) in the last few weeks.

I love it!

Mindy August 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

You always have the best stories! Your little man has such a sweet and tender heart. I can only imagine the wonderful husband and father he will be someday.

As to AP, I always just naturally did it too, and never regretted it.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP