And now, the subject of today's royal meltdown...

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Butter. Yes, you heard me. Butter.

We were sitting at the breakfast table, as usual. I sat down with Lucas' oatmeal and orange juice and banana and cinnamon toast, quietly proud of myself for supplying such a nutritious breakfast on such little sleep (Caden is kinda feverish and not sleeping well). Lucas sees the butter I am about to spread on his toast.
"Can I eat that?"
"No, silly" I tell him. "We don't eat straight butter. I will put some on your toast though."
Begin meltdown. Tears, hysteria, the whole nine yards.
"BUT I WANT TO EAT THE BUTTER!!"
"Here, eat this toast. It has butter on it."
He sits there, crying and staring at the toast.
"Ok, if you just want butter, lick it off the toast."
"I can't!!"
"Why not?"
"I can't pick up my toast!" (All through tragic-toddler-tears!)
"Why? You love cinnamon toast and it has butter on it.
"I can't pick it up, mommy. I'll get butter on my hands!"

Seriously. He is SUCH a TODDLER!!



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

6 comments:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama April 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

We have a similar meltdown often...my son thinks that a stick of butter is a block of cheese and begs to eat it! It is sometimes hard to convince him that it isn't cheese!!!

Sukhaloka April 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Umm... reading this as a 20-something non-momma, it's funny. I guess it isn't that funny when you're low on sleep and frazzled!

Heather April 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

OMG that's too perfect.

The pickles one finds oneself in when one is 3.

Atwood-Family of FIVE April 16, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

When Anne sees butter she tries to sneak finger fulls of it-what's up with that??

Mindy April 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

LOL oh my goodness that sounds sooooo familiar!! Aspen LOVES butter and still wants to eat it by the spoonful. I once let her, and it was a little overwhleming for her, so now she just occasionally asks for a little taste when we're cooking. As for the meltdown part, oh how familar that sounds. Aspen has been prone to meltdowns lately too. Today's meltdown was over old shoes that don't fit, about which she wailed through real tears "No, don't sell them away!" Ah the joys of motherhood! I posted a pregnancy and general update today so stop by if you can! Hugs!

Unknown April 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

oh,sister, have I been there & back. He's three? Mine is three & today I found him at the table eating the butter, by the pinky full. I told him not to & he said, "But I am sickie & it makes me better."
He has bronchitis, I don't think butter is a cure for that.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP