His name in the sand

>> Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I recently ran across this blog of a family whose son was stillborn a couple years ago. Since then, they have been giving other parents who have lost children an amazing gift. They live about 15minutes away from the beach in Australia and they go down at sunset and write your child's name in the sand. They take a picture and post it on their blog. I sent them Micah's name last week, hoping it would be posted during these days of intentional remembrance. It posted today!! What an amazing little gift God gave me!
I hope this family knows what a powerful ministry this is to moms like me. To see Micah's name in the sand, written by a woman half-a-world away whom I have bever met, is surreal but validating. He DID exist besides in my own head!! It gives his little life added significance and honors his memory.
I couldn't look at it for very long at first. But later, when I had a quiet moment, I just sat and stared at it and let the tears flow unhindered. The beach has always been a place of rest and relaxation and therapy for me. And to see Micah's name written there with this gorgeous sunset in the background is healing for me in some strange way.

I have so many pictures of Micah in my mind. The visual images are still so fresh and raw. I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't want the day to come when I can't visually remember holding him and seeing his blue eyes and golden hair. This picture is now just one more image that I don't want to forget.
Should I make a print and frame it? Is that lame? Am I the only one who can't stop staring at it?

He is my son. He is in heaven with the Maker of this beach, this sunset. His name is written in the sand. And he, like this picture, is beautiful!!

For more Wordful Wednesday, visit Angie at Seven Clown Circus.



Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

12 comments:

More Than Words April 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM  

Oh, how beautiful! What a blessing for them to do that for others!!!!! I know you will cherish this forever!

Happy WW!

Run DMT April 22, 2009 at 5:11 AM  

So beautiful! I love this photo! Thank you for sharing your story.

Hootin Anni April 22, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

Amazing!!!!!!!!


My W W is now published. I hope you can stop by sometime if you find time. It's a YOU TUBE I made of slides on a walking tour I took my husband on this past Saturday. If you have speakers, turn up the volume...some good music was added! Happy Wednesday!

TwoSquareMeals April 22, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

I don't think framing it is crazy at all. This is such a perfect picture for you to have to remember Micah. It's beautiful. I love you and am praying for you today.

Aimee @ Smiling Mama April 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

That is truly beautiful! If there were also footprints in the sand, I am sure there would only be one set because this is most certainly a time when He is carrying you!

Just Me April 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

I would def. frame it. It is beautiful

Betty April 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

OMG! What an amazing couple thanks for sharing the link.

Jana April 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

What a special gift. You are in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Heather April 22, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

Oh yes...print it and frame it. It is so lovely...

I'm gonna frame angel's and i'm only the auntie.

Mindy April 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

That is so beautiful!

I left something for you at my blog.

Brenda April 22, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

That really is an amazing thing, how wonderful for those people to do that!

Amanda April 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

That is such a special gift...I love the idea, and the picture...the sunset... Of the thousands of pictures I store online, I absolutely get prints of those that mean the most to me...and I would (if I were you) have to get a print of this. Thanks so much for sharing this... I can't get over the family in Australia...so amazing!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP