Babywearing branching out

>> Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ring slings are my first love, what I know best. But lately, I have been branching out a little in my babywearing. I have been using a Mei Tai for awhile and I have a woven wrap that I have used a couple times. But being a babywearing-blogger (I think being pregnant makes a difference too) has its perks and lately I have been the recipient of two new carriers that are helping me to break out of my babywearing rut.


I got a Hotsling pouch sling. I have to say I am not that impressed. I am admitedly biased, loving my ring slings and all. And maybe it is because I am wearing a toddler and I have a bit of a belly these days... It was cozy, which I liked. If I wanted Lucas to go to sleep or be totally contained, it would be great. I can see how it would be nice with a newborn. But, I do love my ring sling and how adjustable it is and so versatile. I think breastfeeding anything other than a newborn in the pouch would be hard. And I don't think I could do it in the grocery store like I did with my ring sling. Just my opinion. The pouch was pretty though. Cool fabrics.
I also just received a Sleepy Wrap. It is a cotton stretchy wrap. I didn't think I would like the stretchy material since I have not had much luck with it in the past. But it is so soft and really comfortable. I put Lucas in a rucksack hold and I actually cooked dinner and did a bit of ironing with him on my back, like almost 45min. He weighs 32lbs. and I am 5months pregnant, but it was comfy for us both. I really did like it. I experimented with tying techniques and actually felt most comfortable when I tied it higher on my chest with the cross carry twist. I liked doing the "Lexi twist" in the back. It felt more secure. It is a comfortable wrap and stayed nice and tight the whole time. I love my woven wrap even though I haven't used it a ton ( I got started wraping kinda late). But I am excited to use my new Sleepy Wrap with "baby next" this fall.
(Don't pay attention to the goofy look on my face in this picture. You can see my belly popping out in this picture though.)


All that being said, you can't beat having a totally content infant in a beautiful ring sling. I couldn't have a babywearing post without sharing this picture of my friend Elizabeth with her daughter in a BabyLove Sling... so precious!!!




5 comments:

Unknown April 10, 2008 at 7:58 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
TwoSquareMeals April 10, 2008 at 7:59 AM  

Beautiful belly! I am with you on the ease and versatility of ring slings. I tried a wrap for a while, and though I loved the versatility of it, it was too much bulk, especially in the hot summers down here. I am pretty content with my ring sling for short trips and around the house and my Ergo for any serious outdoor activity or hauling a toddler a long way. Of course, if we have another I may need some more stylish ring slings...

Atwood-Family of FIVE April 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

That is my first peek at Zoe-so sweet! She looks just like her brother!

Unknown April 11, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Maybe I need to blog more about babywearing so I can get a free mei tai?

Great pics - love that baby bump!

Catherine April 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

He weighs 32lbs. and I am 5months pregnant, but it was comfy for us both.

And that is why you are a rock star.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP