And the Leaves Do Come

>> Friday, May 29, 2009

I have been waiting. Waiting for some sign that my spring is coming. That I am free to enjoy life and feel grateful for what I have without living in the shadow of what I do not.
I stopped by Micah's tree today. I hadn't been there since the week after it was planted. The last month has been very busy, schedule-wise and relationship-wise. Life is full and a bit complicated. But mostly just really full.
But today, when I walked up to the tree and saw all these beautiful leaves, I just broke down in tears. I was not expecting the tree to produce such beautiful signs of life this soon. I felt like God had just reached down and put His hand on my shoulder. See, there is lots of life even when you least expect it.
I sat with Caden down in the grass and together we played with flowers and watched a little frog.
Life is full. I mean, yes, complicated and not always easy. But oh-so-full.

Thank you, God, for the beautiful leaves on Micah's tree. Thank you for making a beautiful tree even more magnificent. Thank you for this sign of life. On the tree and in my soul.

It may sound weird to you, but seeing these leaves today renews my strength and my hope that I can live in joy. And that when the things in life that I depend on seem to be out of control, He is still in control - making my tree and my life come into full bloom.


Need a Sling? Click here!
Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

1 comments:

Mindy May 31, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Beautiful post, Farrah, as are all your posts about Micah. Sometimes the Lord finds the most wonderful ways to speak to our hearts, ways only we would understand as coming directly from Him. Hugs!!

Hope you can stop by soon for my 31 week pregnancy update.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP