4 days and 63 bobby pins later...

>> Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My sister-in-law got married last Sunday (which is my excuse for not doing my Psalm Sunday entry this week) so we have been in a whirlwind of activity for the past week. But it is now over and we are very relieved. It was a beautiful wedding with relatively little drama. My parents and sister (God bless them!!) came up from Florida to help us wrangle Lucas during all the events since all three of us were in the wedding. Lucas was a little star - he did walk down the aisle (with my mom encouraging him from the back and my dad urging from the front)but stopped at several pews along the way to give his adorable cheesy grin to the guests. He was not quite sure what to think of the 3yr. flower girl but they looked SO CUTE together (see pic below). Lucas had a little trouble with the walking out at the end of the ceremony, even though he was supposed to walk out with hubby and I. The flower girl was walking out with us too and Lucas was a but unsure. I had to pick him up off the floor at the front of the church and carry him out. But regardless, he was the most adorable little ring-bearer ever and he definitely stole part of the show. Most people cry when they see the bride... I started crying when I saw Lucas start to come down the aisle. It was emotional to see my little baby doing something so grown up. He looked like such a little man, being such a little ham. I couldn't help but cry tears of joy (mostly) at seeing my little baby Lucas all dressed up and being so cute. My dad had to take Lucas out for part of the ceremony after they tried to quiet him and he said "No, I'm talking right now. Blah, Blah, Blah...." I heard him from the stage and tried very hard to contain the laughter. That's my boy.
The reception was pretty fun too. I'm sure I gave people some good laughs with my 7-month pregnant self busting some pretty impressive moves on the dance floor. :) Enjoy some pics from the weekend... Lucas and the flower girl
My sweet little man

Mommy and her little ring bearer
Lucas has become fond of sitting in flower beds... even at his Aunt Julie's wedding in the church landscaping. :)

7 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph May 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

You look fantastic! And I would have cried then, too...

Steph

Catherine May 27, 2008 at 5:35 PM  

Adorable! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if he could have worn a leaf costume...

:)

Unknown May 27, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

I was hoping for pics of the dance moves! Y'all look fabulous!

TwoSquareMeals May 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

So cute! In Calvin's one and only ring bearer gig, he danced down the aisle. He stole the show.

You look beautiful. But what are you going to do with your collection of maternity bridesmaids gowns? You are getting quite the collection!

Amanda May 29, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Lucas is adorable...the family picture is lovely...and I cannot get over how fantastic you look... Such a beautiful friend, you are.

Amanda May 29, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Fey June 3, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

So cute!!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP