Psalm Sunday- my first attempt

>> Sunday, May 11, 2008

After such a peaceful, calm day yesterday, today seemed a little out of control. I felt a little overwhelmed this evening. I have these moments when I just get worried that I may not be able to handle a toddler and an infant and a puppy and keep my sanity at the same time. I know lots of women do much more, but I still worry at times. So tonight while hubby was thankfully handling bedtime with my truly crazy 2yr old, I sat to start this post and decided to read one of my favorite Psalms. These verses always remind me to put my fears in His hands and let Him give me rest. Even when I get all overwhelmed and anxious, my God is loving and strong and He is my refuge. I don't know about you, but there is nothing I need more on Mother's Day than a reminder that I cannot do all this in my own strength and that He is my rest when I do have evenings (or mornings or afternoons or ...) like this. May it speak to your soul the way it does to mine.


Psalm 62

1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault a man? Would all of you throw him down- his leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place; they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
9 Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath.
10 Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.
11 One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong,
12 and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.


Enough (Chris Tomlin)

You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more awesome than I know

All of You is more than enough for
All of me for every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough



2 comments:

Unknown May 12, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

That is a great psalm. Amazing how words written so long ago can be perfectly applicable to our lives today.

That song is one that is sung regularly as part of worship in our church - it is a great reminder of what we truly need in life and what we really don't need. God IS more than enough to fulfill our every need.

I am thankful that He brought your blog to my attention! He is using you to minister to me. Thank you for being you.

Unknown May 13, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

What a great psalm for Mother's Day! I think that too often many moms try to do so much on our own This a great reminder that we need to turn to our Lord as our source of strength.

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP