Breath of Fresh ( 60+degree) Air

>> Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My family and I traveled to North Carolina this past weekend to visit several sets of very good friends. Prior to our trip, all four of us got nasty colds. The morning of our trip was mega-chaotic with trying to finish packing and get the dog to the PetHotel and pick up Hubby at work and feed everyone and ... just a lot to do. But the second we stepped off the plane and headed towards our friends' house, I took a deep breath. I breathed in the warm North Carolina air and almost immediately felt change. A change in my body, in my soul, in my stress-level. It was like I could breathe deep for the first time in awhile.
We had a busy 4days, but it was the most refreshing 4days I have had in quite some time. Warm weather, sweet tea, hubby and my boys all together all the time, great friends who know me and love me for me.... refreshing. It almost made me ready to come back to cold Chicago winter. At least I feel like I have some energy reserve to get me through the last few weeks of cabin-fever and the next few months of Hubby's schedule and raising my boys.

It was a break from the routine that gave me renewed resources to deal with the routine.

Releasing my inner-toddler and jumping to my hearts' content
Me and the "kids" :)- on our friends' farm (it was SO MUCH fun!!)
Lucas enjoying the warm weather and playing in the leaves- he was so carefree and it was wonderful!!

Chasing chickens- what could be more fun than that!
Mama and Caden- sweet sling cuddles


Find more Wordful Wednesday at Angies 7 Clown Circus!

Subscribe to Me!! Click here for your regular dose of BabyLove Slings!

4 comments:

Unknown February 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

I love NC :) I simply love it here, lol :) It's not as 'nice' today - more wintry...alas!

Mindy February 18, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

That lovely warm weather here in NC is gone this week, lol...it's cold and cloudy and they are forcasting snow this weekend, yucko!

Nicole February 18, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

I have never been there. I would be happy to be anywhere warm right now. Colorado is windy and frigid. I dont like it at all!
Looks like you all had a blast.

TwoSquareMeals February 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

I think you unpacked the winter from your suitcase and left it here. Cold and rainy today. I'll take a little cold weather if it means seeing you, though! We had fun seeing you and the boys. Wish we could send some Chick-fil-A tea your way!

Baby Love Slings

Followers

Graphics by..




  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP